Chapter 4

Eva sat silently for a few moments before speaking.

"I'm sorry, I seem to have heard you wrong," she inclined.

"I know it sounds crazy, and I don't expect for you to believe me right away, but it's true." He told her.

"You were just feeling so lonely that it made me feel so sad so i," he began.

"Wait, did Tammy put you up to this? Because if she did then," she interrupted.

"No! Your friend has nothing to do with this. You see, I have been with you for a very long time, and I know your loneliness. So after seeing how sad you were the other night i wanted to help you." He says, a soft smile appearing on his face.

"What do you mean zthe other night?!" Eva was beginning to feel a little freaked out. Alex could see that she was no longer comfortable.

"Eva, there is no need for you to feel afraid. I never have and never will hurt you, i promise." He told her. As weirded out as she was Eva looked in his big blue eyes and for some reason felt a feeling of familiarity. His eyes were kind and loving.

"Ok even if this was true how would i know that you aren't just a stalker?" She asked cautiously.

"Eva, i have been with you since you were a child. Do you remember when you were little you loved to climb the trees right by the school and one time you climbed a little too high and you were too afraid to Climb down? But then a strange boy noticed you crying and he came to help you. you played together almost everyday after that." He exclaimed.

"How could you possibly know that?" Eva asked, shocked.

"Because i was there. I was that boy who helped you. And ever since that day i have been looking after you, protecting you as best as i could." He told her.

Eva just stared at him in amazement. She could not believe what he was saying was true, but there was no other explanation. No one knew about those times, not even Tammy.

"I know this is a lot to take in but you were going to find out sooner than later." Said Alex.

"Ok, even if this was true, and I'm not saying that it is, but if it was what are you doing here now? Why are you here?" She asked.

"Because you need me." He said.

Eva just sat there deep in thought. She looked back into the memories trying to recall those times. She did remember that boy. His face was a bit fuzzy in her head but she remembered his eyes. Eva looked up and looked at Alex meeting the same ocean blue eyes. He smiled at her, making her feel warm. She didn't feel scared anymore. Somehow she knew he wasn't lying. After that they just sat and talked for for as long as they needed.