I. Intro

The patter of the rain reverberated throughout the Great Hall, falling into an easy rhythm that lulled its students into a comfortable silence. It had been raining for days now, Scotland weather as tempestuous as the raven-haired boy sitting a few heads away from her.

"Violet! Are you even listening to me?" A harsh voice quipped beside her.

She deviated her brown eyes away from the elusive boy that has been subject to whispers and scorn the moment his black leather shoes touched the ground of Hogwarts.

"Sorry, you were saying Pansy?" Violet mumbled, uninterested in whatever her friend was about to say.

Pansy rolled her eyes, annoyance evident on her small face. "I said, do you think Draco would say yes if I asked him on a date?" The brunette asked, fiddling with the silver chain dangling from her neck. Her eyes always lit up when the subject was a specific platinum blonde in their house.

"I don't know. Draco's a bit touchy these days. I mean he's always been an insufferable git, but even more so now." Violet was never fond of Draco, a bit too arrogant and blonde for her liking.

"You're absolutely right.." Pansy sighed. "Ever since Riddle showed up, he's been more restless."

"Who wouldn't? He's the son of a noseless mass murderer, Pansy! I reckon he was sent by his father as a spy." Violet harshly whispered, earning a few approving gazes from her peers.

Violet couldn't believe her ears when their headmaster had announced that Voldemort's son will be attending Hogwarts. Perhaps he thought it was a brilliant idea. Having Mattheo Riddle under his wing would allow him to keep tabs on the young boy, and possibly gain his trust that he would divulge information about his father.

"I bet he's just like his father, with their rubbish ideologies. At least he has a nose." She added, venom coating the words that slipped her tongue. Violet Lestrange was from an ancient pure-blood wizarding family, nevertheless, she refused to partake in her relatives' atrocious delusions. What difference would it make if a wizard was a muggle-born? Hermione is a muggle-born, yet her blood status did not dim the brilliance of her intellect.

"Uhm, Violet.." Pansy awkwardly whispered beside her. From the corner of Violet's eye, she noticed that her friend suddenly went rigid, fear glossing over her eyes.

"What?!" She was getting annoyed at her repeated interruptions. Pansy weakly lifted her thumb and pointed at a figure behind them.

Her heart dropped at the small gesture and its obvious implication. She slowly turned and was met with the lanky raven-haired boy she was badmouthing seconds ago.