XX. Afterglow

Mattheo peered at Violet's face. Her eyes were closed, long dark lashes kissing her cheeks. He followed the delicate slope of her nose towards her plump lips, having the urge to kiss them again. He counted the freckles on her face, drawing constellations with his eyes. He wanted to remember her like this, so peaceful and vulnerable. When awake, she was a force to be reckoned with. So much so that just being in her presence was exhilarating, so electrifying. He wishes he could bottle up the feeling of being with her and bask in the afterglow.

He tucked a stray strand of her black hair, his fingers stopping mid-air as he caught himself from caressing her cheeks. He sighed; he shouldn't get distracted. He untangled himself from her arms, quietly putting on his clothes before apparating to the Malfoy Manor.

The place was cold and eerily quiet as soon as he arrived, already a stark contrast from the warmth of Violet's embrace. He hurried towards the dining room, the other death eaters parting for him as he made his way to Him. He stopped in front of the large doors, taking a deep breath and straightening his spine before opening it.

Around the table were the Malfoys, Rodolphus and Bellatrix Lestrange, and a couple of familiar faces. In the center was the Dark Lord himself, waiting for him patiently. "My boy, you've finally joined us. I hope you bear good news."

Mattheo took a seat on the opposite end of the table. "I've done what you asked for, My Lord. Violet Lestrange has agreed to become a Death Eater." He kept his eyes trained on him, voice devoid of any emotion.

"Excellent!" His serpentine voice resonated throughout the hall. "You know how valuable she is. Keep your eye on her. She doesn't know about her ability yet, nor does Dumbledore. We'll do the ceremony as soon as possible." Lord Voldemort turned to look at Lucius Malfoy, "You, have your son be ready too."

"Yes, my Lord."  The older Malfoy meekly replied, earning a concerned look from his wife.

The Dark Lord peered at Mattheo again, his eyes turning into slits as he assessed him. "Don't get too attached, my boy. Remember what the plan is."

"Of course, my Lord."

"You are dismissed."

~~

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here?" Dumbledore asked cautiously, keeping his voice gentle and soft.

"Who else is here?" The blonde boy demanded, pointing his wand towards the older wizard.

"Draco, you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am?" Draco demanded. "He trusts me, I was chosen." He pulled his sleeve up, revealing the Dark Mark on his forearm.

"Draco, years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices," Dumbledore pleaded, "Please, let me help you."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this." Draco said, gripping his wand tighter, "I have to kill you. Or he's going to kill me."

More footsteps were approaching the two, revealing Bellatrix and the other Death Eaters. "Well, look what we have here," Bellatrix mused, coming behind the blonde boy, "Well done, Draco."

"Do it!" The witch urged him, "Go on, Draco! Now!!!"

"No," a deep voice suddenly spoke.

"Severus....Please," Dumbledore murmured, resigning to his fate.

"Avada Kedavra," Snape commanded, pointing his wand towards the Headmaster.

Violet awoke with a cold sweat, her chest heaving, struggling to take in air. She touched her cheek, feeling the damp tears on her face. "I have to go see Professor Dumbledore," she said to herself, putting on her clothes and slippers.

She ran towards the Headmaster's tower, not caring if anyone saw her; she needed to tell the professor about her dream. It didn't matter if he would think she was deranged, she had a bad feeling, and she trusted her gut.

Before she could bang on his office door, a warm voice came from the other side. "Come in, Violet."

"I was expecting you, my dear." The old wizard said, signing some papers on his desk, "I believe you have something to tell me."

She choked on her words, unsure of how to say them without sounding like a lunatic.

"It's alright, you can tell—"

"You're going to die." She blurted out, her heart thumping against her chest.

There was a pregnant pause, neither of them moving or uttering a word.

"I see," Dumbledore broke the silence, "Can you tell me how you came to this conclusion then?" He urged her gently.

"I had a dream. Draco was there and so was Bellatrix. Malfoy is a death eater and Professor Snape—" Violet rambled, her chest starting to constrict again.

"Relax, Violet. Here, have some lemon drop." The older wizard offered her some candy and she took it all in one go.

"Professor Snape," She mumbled with a mouth full of candy, "He's going to kill you."

Another pause, longer this time. The silence hung over them like a guillotine, waiting for the thread to snap.

Then it fell.

"I know," was Dumbledore's only reply.

"What? What do you mean you know?!" She exclaimed, confused with his reaction.

"It means I know what will happen, Miss. Lestrange. I have tasked Severus to carry it out for me." He admitted solemnly, "It's my fate." He said with a smile on his face.

"Why? What about our plan? You can't leave me alone!" She started to tear up, he was abandoning her.

"Violet, this is part of our plan." He answered, "The question is, how you managed to figure it out?" He looked at her with curiosity in his eyes.

"Like I said, it was from my dream. I used to have dreams like these when I was a kid, but it's been so long since I had one this vivid."

"Oh dear, that is not a dream....its a prophecy."

"What?" She deadpanned. This was not taught in Divination class.

"That explains why Voldemort is so adamant about having you on his side..." He pondered, and she could see the wheels turning inside his head.

"Again, what?"

"You are a seer, Violet. And that changes everything."

*Author's note*

Happy New Year, everyone!! It's been really hard for me to write these days but still, I will do my best to put out content for ya'll <3 I have no idea how a seer works in harry pottter so you'll just have to deal with it hehe sorry