19 | Grand Theft Auto & Slushy Beatdowns

Hamza

I literally turned into a fan girl yesterday. Aaliyah-my Aaliyah stepped foot in my house. I wanted to talk to her but I was too shy and I think the feeling was mutual.

I was saddened because she looked frail and tired. She couldn't even look at me while I couldn't take my eyes off her.

I desperately wanted a change of clothes and more perfume clouding me just to impress her but they'd all know why especially Bilal so I decide against it and just put on perfume before running downstairs to entertain my guests.

They came with a man. He looked weak and unkempt. I'd like to help him but I need to hear his story first.

He'd narrated it and now we know he's the reason behind my beauty's sleepless nights. I'd like to hate him but in this case he begged for forgiveness and he's in need of serious help. He needed to be fed and catered for but so was my habibty (love).

After Bilal left to take her to the hotel, I was left with this man. I was quite wierded out. He was too quiet and I just couldn't leave him here. He was Bilal's uncle meaning he was mine too. I took him to the guest room where he ate and took a proper bath and ate again. I left him to pray while I waited for Bilal to get back.

To while away time, I decided to call my mother's number again and this time she answered it.

"Salamu Alaykum Umma."

"Hamza baby!" She squealed.

"You left us without calling or leaving a message. Last time I saw you, you said you were going to Yola and you weren't there." I answered in a dry undertone.

"I know. I had things to take care of somewhere else."

"When are you coming back?"

"Soon." She said meekly.

That wasn't enough of an answer.

"Hamza I know you went to Balaraba. I don't blame you, just don't get worked up because I'm not there. I'll be back soon so tell you father and sister's to stop worrying."

"But why did you leave without telling us where you were headed and then switching off your phone to keep us in the dark?"

"I'm sorry baby." And she hung up.

I didn't even understand what had just happened. I dialled her number again and it was as usual, unavailable.

I didn't bother trying again.

****

This morning, I tried to call my mother again but she rejected it.

I waited for Bilal who said he was coming with Aaliyah so that we could go back to her house but they were both no shows.

African time things...

They arrived later than planned but I didn't have a problem with it because I managed to complete some of the things I had planned out in my itinerary. I drove us to Bilal's aunt's house so Aaliyah could go in and get a few of her belongings and a document she mentioned holds some valuable information regarding her savings.

As the getaway driver, I parked the car in close range to the house but hid it behind a large truck just in case anything funny happens we can escape quickly.

She drops down from the car in all her glory and I watch her from the rearview mirror as she makes her way to the gated building that was formerly owned by her father.

The gateman opens the gate for her immediately she knocks and she disappears inside. I'm extremely worried she may not make it out of there today. I mean scar free or with her life.