CHAPTER 3

The night was unusually chilly as the Prince slept in his room after a long day of being introduced to everyone in the Kim clan except the few elders who weren’t present and everyone close to the royal families, both The King and the Prince got to...

The night was unusually chilly as the Prince slept in his room after a long day of being introduced to everyone in the Kim clan except the few elders who weren’t present and everyone close to the royal families, both The King and the Prince got to know each other’s side of family and confidants. There were still a few left who were to arrive a little late.

But the peaceful rest of the Prince was interrupted by the knock on his door, and for a few seconds the Prince didn’t understand what was happening when he saw Hee Ji standing in front of him, a shawl wrapped around her as she spoke something but the Prince couldn’t understand, he rid his eyes of sleep and asked again.

“I’m sorry to wake you at this hour your Highness but The King wishes to see you”

The Prince takes her word in and looks out the window, it looks like it’s very late almost after midnight What must father need at this hour? He wonders.

“Why would father need to ask, send him inside”

He says, even though as a royal they’re always expected to knock before entering as to not be in odd situations and the general politeness of it all, he never expects The King and The Queen to follow these rules so it seems a little odd, but the change of expression on Hee Ji’s face tells a different story, she widens her eyes and speaks again

“Pardon my ignorance, it is King Taehyung who is here to see you”

She says, her tone apologetic but this time it’s the Prince whose eyes go wide, he did not expect King Taehyung to visit his chambers at this hour, when the moon is right above them and everyone in the royal family is asleep.

“H-he is... he is here and at this hour.. Wha- why?”

Hee Ji smiles with a little amusement and a little fondness on her face, she comes near the Prince whose face has turned into one of confusion and strokes his hair.

“He wishes to meet you… He even asked me to tell you that it is okay if you refuse”

She said, her voice gone soft as she spoke. The Prince looked up to her and even the lamp in the rooms weren’t lit, the moonlight was enough to see the crimson of his face.

“I would like to see him”

He said, his voice was barely there like a whisper and maybe if Hee Ji hadn’t been close she might’ve missed it. She smiled at the Prince and kissed his forehead, and the Prince smiled a shy smile.

Hee Ji went outside after the Prince had made himself more ‘presentable’, he just fixed his hair and pulled a robe over his night clothes and after getting confirmation from Hee Ji that he looks good he let her out with her guilty conscious saying that he made the King wait for long.

He stood looking towards the door, his back facing the window when the King entered his room, his lips formed into a smile as he looked towards his Prince, but the moonlight wasn’t enough to look at him properly. So he made his way over to the Prince and could finally look at him. He took the Prince hand in his and kissed him and maybe it was because the King had found himself kissing his hand whenever he could or maybe it was because he was so happy that the Prince gave him the biggest smile as the lips touched his hand that he didn’t let go.