sleepover-modern edition

Summary: Alex, Luke, and Reggie catch Julie, Flynn, and Carrie talking about their next girls day. Chaos ensues.

Relationships: Alex/Willie    Flynn/Carrie    Julie/Luke

Suggested by: alexrunes 

Notes: uh, the ghosts can be seen I guess? I don't know the logic behind it, but sunset curve and Willie can be seen by people.

~~~

Julie, Flynn, and Carrie were huddled together in the studio, whispering to each other. One of the girls would say something, and Flynn would nod and type something into her phone. 

Alex, Luke, and Reggie were baffled. 

"What are they talking about?" Reggie asked, standing on his tiptoes to peer at the three girls.

"I have no idea," Luke answered. 

"Maybe they're making a band?" Reggie suggested.

"Dude, they already have a band," Alex said, smacking Reggie's arm. 

"It was just an idea!" Reggie protested.

Julie's head snapped up. Alex cursed under his breath.

"What are you guys doing here?" Julie asked accusingly.

"We live here, Jules," Luke pointed out.

Julie deflated. "Ok, yeah, that's fair."

"Whatcha talking about?" Reggie poofed next to Flynn and snatched her phone away. 

"JULIEEEE TELL REGGIE TO GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!!"

"'Girls Day' huh?" Reggie read from the phone. "'Face masks, nail polish, cheesy romcoms...'"

"Ooh, can we join in?" Luke asked, peering over Reggie's shoulder.

The three girls exchanged a look.

"They're never gonna stop bothering us if we don't agree," Julie muttered. 

"Should we let them?" Carrie asked.

Flynn sighed. "I mean, we can have another girls day. We might as well let them join in."

Julie and Carrie nodded.

Sighing, Julie turned around to face the three ghosts. "Fine, you can join."

"Can Willie join too?" Alex asked shyly.

Julie nodded. Alex grinned and poofed out.

"Reggie, give me back my phone." Flynn held out her hand to Reggie. Reggie sighed and gave the phone back to Flynn.

A minute later, Alex returned, hand in hand with Willie.

"Hey everyone." Willie raised his hand in greeting.

Flynn let out a triumphant shout. "I found a good face mask recipe!"

Luke's hand shot up. "You can just search for a face mask recipe?"

Julie grinned. "Welcome to 2020, gRaNpA."

"Hey! I'm not that old," Luke retorted indignantly.

"Uh huh, sure."

"Ok lovebirds, stop flirting and let's get this day started!" Carrie exclaimed. 

Everyone headed to the kitchen and Flynn started to pull ingredients from the shelves at random. 

"Hey, uh, Flynn?" Julie asked hesitantly.

"Yeah Jules?"

"Uhh, you did actually check that Hyram approved this, right?"

Flynn muttered a curse. "What am I thinking, not checking if Hyram approved it. Alright, hold on."

"Who the heck is Hyram?" Luke muttered, throwing his hands into the air. 

Flynn, Julie, and Carrie gasped dramatically and clutched at their hearts. 

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHO HYRAM IS??" Flynn shrieked, then turned to Julie. "Jules, I love you and all, but YOU DIDN'T SHOW THEM HYRAM!?!?"

"I mean, to be fair, they're ghosts. They don't need skincare routines."

"Ok but still, everyone should know about Hyram!!" Carrie said indignantly.

"WHO IS HYRAM??" Alex, Reggie, and Luke shouted in unison. 

"Ok, he's this popular skin care guru on YouTube. And basically, if Hyram says you don't use a product, you. Don't. Use. It," Julie explained, enunciating the last few words. 

"JULIE ROSE MOLINA JUST SHOW THEM THE VIDEOS ALREADY!" Flynn shouted aggressively. 

"Rose?" Luke questioned. 

Julie blushed slightly. "It was my mom's name."

"Hey, we knew a Rose! Remember, that woman at the Orpheum!" Reggie chimed in.

"I mean, now that you mention it, Julie's vest when we performed 'Finally Free' did look a lot like the vest that Rose was wearing..." Alex trailed off. 

"You knew my mom?" Julie asked quietly. 

"Apparently. Oh, and by the way, Luke, Reggie, and Bobby flirted with her. And I quote Reggie, 'a t-shirt, size beautiful.'" Alex wrinkled his nose and shook his head in disappointment.

"Hey!" Reggie cried. "Those weren't my exact words!"

"Mm, yeah they were." Luke agreed. 

Julie wrinkled her nose. "Eww, Luke. You flirted with my mom?"

"Uh-to be fair-uhm. Yeah. Yeah, I did."

Carrie and Flynn giggled. 

"Wait, your boyfriend flirted with your mom?" Carrie said through her laughter.

"Can we please talk about something else?" Luke begged. 

"How about we get started on these face masks?" Flynn interrupted.

Everyone nodded in agreement. 

Alex lifted a finger. "Ok, but can we make it not smell weird? Because when we did face masks the last time they smelled disgusting."

Flynn just nodded her head, frantically typing on her phone to find a new face mask recipe. Evidently, Hyram didn't approve of the previous one. 

They spent the rest of the night doing face masks and binging Skincare by Hyram videos. Flynn, Alex, Willie, and Reggie did their nails, while everyone else wrinkled their noses at the smell. 

That night, everyone was perfectly content when they fell asleep. 

~the end~

-authors note: ok I'm sorry the ending was so rushed 😭 school just started back up today, and I wanted to post something today, so the ending was really rushed. 

question of the day: do y'all watch Hyram?? (Please tell me I'm not the only one!!)