sick day

i woke up with paul's arms wrapped around my waist, the same as every morning he was at home but as i opened my eyes and gained my conscience i suddenly felt a wave of sickness.

my subtle movements must've awakened paul as before i could do anything, his arms tightened around me as he pulled me closer to him.

"good morning, beautiful." he spoke softly in my ear with his morning voice that would usually drive me crazy, but i felt too bad today to care for it.

"what makes it good?" i whined, turning around to face him. paul's eyebrows furrowed at my question.

"i feel sick." i elaborated before burying my head in paul's neck as if he was going to magically make me feel better. his hands started rubbing my back as he tried to comfort me.

"oh no, do you want me to get you some water?" he asked me softly, now running his hands through my hair. i just nodded my head as i couldn't be bothered to even speak. paul gently untangled himself from around me, made sure i was comfortable and made his way downstairs.

i curled up in our bed as i waited for him to come back but he was taking a little longer than it should take to make a glass of water. after 10 minuets or so, i heard the sound of him climbing the stairs followed by the door creaking open.

"here you go, darling." paul said as he handed me an ice cold glass of water. when i looked up to take it i saw that he had some toast as well although i didn't feel like eating, his gesture made me smile.

"thank you but i feel too sick to eat, i'm sorry." i told him as he climbed back into the bed.

"i know but you should try and eat some, toast is good for when you feel sick." he told me, wrapping his arms around my waist once again. i scrunched my nose up but took a small bite of the toast.

"i've already phoned your work and told them that you weren't coming in, okay." he told me as he put the back side of his hand to my forehead. he was always obsessive over me when i felt sick, i always found it cute.

"you feel hot, do you want an ibuprofen?" paul asked me as he reached for one anyway. he retrieved the box out of his bedside cabinet and handed me two tablets and my drink. "make sure you're drinking loads, okay?" he told me as he put the glass to my lips.

"i can pick up a glass, y'know." i giggled at his actions as he just smiled.

"yes, but you shouldn't have to. do you want a cold compress?" he asked, keeping his streak of constant questions going. before i could even answer, he made his way down stairs once again. once he came back up, he had the whole first aid box with him. i shook my head at him he carefully placed the cold compress on my forehead.

"can you eat at least half of this?" he asked, picking up my barely touched plate of food as he lay next to me again. "i know you don't feel like it but it'll do you good." he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes that i could never resist and gave in.

after i finished half of the toast he was back to fussing over me again, he was acting like my mum but i didn't mind.

"you should try and get some sleep, it might help." he suggested as was checking my temperature. i nodded my head and he instantly jerked up. he began clearing everything from the bed and arranged pillows and blankets so that i would be the comfiest i could.

"here, drink the rest of this before you go to sleep." he told me before handing me the glass of water. his eyes were full of concern and didn't leave me until he made sure that i drank all of it and once i did, he took it off me and pulled me towards him.

his arms wrapped around me once again as he positioned me so that i was comfortable.

"thank you for looking after me, i love you." i told him as i wrapped my own arms around him, leaving no room between us.

"that's what i'm here to do. i love you too, so much." he spoke softly before kissing the top of my head delicately.

after asking me what felt like a hundred times if i was okay, he began humming softly so that i could fall asleep easier.

the comforting mix of his dreamy voice and his arms protecting me allowed be to drift off almost instantly.

a/n- this was requested by @itsmehazeleyez :)