i love you

i don't really know when it all went wrong, when my relationship with paul got so cold. the past few months had almost been unbearable due to the way he had been treating me. it was almost as if i didn't exist.

it was 12 am and i was sitting on the sofa, waiting for paul to come home, i was worried about him lately even if he had been pushing me away.

finally, after hours of waiting, i heard the door swing open and the familiar sound of paul entering the house.

"hey, why so late?" i asked him softly, hoping to get at least a few good moments out of him.

"why do you care?" he shot back without even looking at me. he had finally pushed me over the edge, months of him ignoring me and being bitchy was enough.

"okay listen, i don't know what the fuck is wrong with you at the moment but i don't think i can take another second of this! paul, you're acting as if i murdered your family or something tell me what's wrong!" i finally snapped.

i never shouted at paul, no matter what so this caused his head to snap up and look at me.

"what's up with me? never mind that i want to know what's up with you!" he shouted back at me, looking me in the eyes for the first time in what felt like forever.

i would rather he didn't look at me though, the anger present in his eyes shocked me. my fury vanished for a second, i felt small and scared but it rose back up just as quickly as it left.

"why don't you tell me. there's nothing wrong with me, you've been so distant, paul! i feel like i don't even know you anymore. what happened?"

"i've been distant? oh come on, the only reason i've become distant is because you started ignoring anything i tried to do for you !
everytime i tried to figure out why you seemed so different towords me you just pushed me away. so i figured that you were going to break up with me soon enough and i distanced myself so that i didn't get my feelings hurt. there, that's why." paul shouted, after he said it the anger in his face sofened and was replaced by confusion.

i didn't know what to say. i instantly felt awful for snapping at him, even if it was the only way to get his attention.

"paul, i've never ever thought of breaking up with you. i love you way too much for that. i'm so sorry if i was being a bit distant with you but just tell me that that's how you feel before jumping to conclusions okay?" i assured him as i took a small step closer to him.

he looked at me like he had never seen me in his life and it hurt. a lot.

"i want to work this out, please i can't live without you." i cried, feeling tears start to fill my eyes. once again, i took a small step towards him.

"okay, why were you distant in the first place?" he asked me, his face still full of confusion.

"paul, i don't know i was probably just having a painful period or something, please don't ever doubt how much i love you ever again, okay?" i took another step closer to him before he wrapped his hands around my shoulders as he looked down at me.

"so, you never wanted to break up with me?" he asked with some signs of tears in his eyes.

"god no. no one in their right mind would ever break up with you." i laughed. his facial expression sofened and, as if it never left, the look of adoration he gave me all of those times before reappeared.

a tear escaped my eye, but i wasn't sad anymore, just overwhelmed and grateful that things were going to be normal again.

"i feel kind of stupid now. i wasted months." he told me, wiping the tear off of my cheek.

"it's okay we've still got time, right." i told him, tilting my head slightly.

"that's right. i'm going to make up for all the time i wasted starting right now."

he didn't even gove me time to process what he has said before peppering kisses all over my face, making sure that he didn't miss a spot.

he kissed me hard on the lips and them pulled away to look at me.

"i love you." he told me before enclosing me into a bear hug.

"i love you too." i told him, and i truly did. i couldn't be more happy that we jad worked things out but angry at how easy it was. we could have just done that from the start.

but before i could dwell on things for too long, paul grabbed me and held me in his arms bridal style.

he smirked at me and i knew what was coming next.