twenty-two

jisungie <3
min are you busy?

minho <3
im doing hw
why?

jisungie <3
can i please come over

minho squints his eyes in confusion, setting his textbook to the side. chan looks at him in confusion but min waves him away.

minho <3
can i call you?

jisungie <3 is calling...

"hey sung," min says. he could hear jisung's heavy breathing on the other side. "baby are you okay?"

"can you pick me up?" jisung asks. his voice was barely above a whisper and min instantly knew something was wrong. he jumped out of bed, grabbing his keys.

"yeah of course," min responds as he slides on his shoes. "what happened?"

"byungwoo came home. it's like a warzone downstairs and i'm scared," ji answers. min could hear faint yelling on the other side of the line and cringes.

"hey it's okay bub, i'll be there in twenty minutes. can you hide somewhere?" min starts his car and pulls out of his parking spot.

"i'm in my bathtub and the doors locked. i don't think mom knows i'm home."

"why did byungwoo come home?" min asks. he was trying to take jisung's mind off of the topic of his mom. she was a cruel, homophobic asshole who manipulated jisung for years.

"well he wanted to see me and he thought she wouldn't be home. she usually works on sundays," jisung's breathing was getting faster and min could hear his voice start to waver.

"hey hey, how about when i get you, we go to a cat cafe, mm?" min asks. he turns off of a main road, half way to jisung's house. he was technically speeding but he didn't really care. his best friend was in serious trouble and he needed to be out.

"the one by your old house?" ji asks hopefully.

"yup! and we can order cheesecake and americanos and pet cats until we go numb!"

min keeps talking to jisung as he drives through his old town. the younger was starting to sound normal again which made minhos worries slowly start to vanish.

"hey ji, i'm down the road. is there anyway you can get out here?" min asks as he outs his car in park.

"yeah, i can go out the window." ji answers. min hears the younger moving around and sighs happily to himself. jisung would be safe in a few minutes.

soon enough, the younger is walking up to minho's car. min unlocks the door and reaches over the passengers seats to open it.

"hey sunshine," min greets as jisung's slides into the seat.

"hi," ji answers. he buckles his seatbelt and leans his head back against the seat and lets out a sigh.

"you okay?" minho asks, watching the younger. jisung just shrugs.

"not really. but cheesecake and your company always make me happier."

min feels heat rush to his face but quickly wishes it away. he couldn't get flustered infront of the younger. "all ready?"

"yup!" jisung chimes. he wiggles in his seat and min laughs at his cuteness. he puts the car in drive and takes off.