Part Six

Bucky can't help but punch the wall in a fit of anger. What an idiot he had just been. He should have kept a level head. He knows that, but he couldn't help himself. He had been so excited to have you back, after all this time, but became desperate when you said you didn't remember him, causing him to shout and practically beg you to remember something, anything. He acted out and worse than that, he scared you.

Bucky knocks everything off a nearby table before running his fingers through his hair, trying to tame it. I should give her space, he thinks to himself. You gave her a lot to think about. You should give her space and let her process everything. She'll come talk to you when she's ready, he reassures himself before taking a seat on a chair.

But what if she doesn't? He asks himself, standing up and already making his way out the door and up the stairs. I can fix this. I just have to apologize and explain everything in a calm manner. I lost you once Josephine, I won't lose you again.

The next thing he knows, Bucky's standing in front of your room, pacing back and forth as he tries to work up the courage to knock. When he finally does, he raises his hand only to stop when he hears voices inside. Curious, he lowers his hand and steps closer to the door.

"It was you."

"What?"

"Josephine didn't kill herself. It was you! You killed her because you didn't approve of their relationship. Does Bucky know?"

This causes Bucky to gasp in shock. Josephine hadn't killed herself but had been murdered. Bucky furrows his eyebrows as he tries to think. Who would want to kill her? It had to be one of his waitstaff, as they're the only other people in the manor, but who? Were they in there with you right now? Were you in danger?

"No, and you sure as hell aren't gonna tell him." he hears Alexander say, shocking him yet again. Alexander? His closest friend and most trusted confidant? No. There's no way. This has to be some mistake.

"Last time was quick and painless. I am so gonna enjoy killing you this time around." Bucky hears you scream followed by the sound of things crashing to the ground and he's banging on the door.

"Let me in! Alexander! Stay away from her!" he shouts as he desperately tries turning the door knob to no avail.

"You always were a spitfire. I hated it then, and I hate it now." he hears Alexander sneer. Bucky frantically checks his pockets, trying to see if he has the keys to unlock the door. When he comes up empty, he curses and runs to his room, tearing it apart trying to find his keys. Scared for your wellbeing, he gives up and makes his way back to you. I'll tear the door clean off its hinges if I have to, he thinks to himself as he races down the hall.

"Don't fight it. You'll only make it worse for yourself." Bucky hears upon arrival, causing him to automatically fear the worst. He takes a step back and kicks the door, seeing the wood splinter. He kicks it once more and sees the door cave in slightly. With one final kick, the door knob is broken and the door creaks open. Bucky rushes in and sees Alexander stradling you, holding a pillow to your face as you weakly try to push him off you before your hands eventually fall limp.

"It's time to put an end to this evil." Alexander says.

"Yes, it is." Bucky says, picking up the discarded knife and plunging it into Alexander's back.

" Bucky says, picking up the discarded knife and plunging it into Alexander's back