02. betrayal and pushing people into lakes

𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑲 & 𝑵𝑶𝑹𝑨/𝑺𝑰𝑫 & 𝑵𝑨𝑵𝑪𝒀

-

"Good morning!" Fawn exclaimed, seeing her grandmother standing at the kitchen, preparing breakfast.

"Morning," Dawn Harper turned around and looked at her granddaughter, then turned to look at the clock, "Aren't you late? Usually at this time you are at Vivian's already."

"Mhm, yeah," Fawn answered, her words coming out a bit muffled due to the piece of toast she had shoved in her mouth, "But Viv is walking here today, to take the car and then drive us to Damon's," she chewed faster, as to not accidentally spit some of the food on the counter, "Damon's mom came back and took the car."

"Victoria is back?" the woman furrowed her eyebrows, Damon's mom was known as a bit of trainwreck, leaving Damon alone at home for periods of time and then coming back when she needed something.

Fawn nodded, "She told him something about wanting to spend more time at home, some more fucking bullshit," when she saw the pointed look Dawn was giving her, Fawn sighed grabbing her book bag and taking a dollar, putting it into the swear jar that was already full, again, "You know, if we continue going trough swear jars like this, we will never have to worry about paying college."

She gave her a pointed look and asked "So, you were saying about Damon?"

"Oh, yeah! So his mom told him all that stuff, and then Damon comes out like at 2 a.m," she paused, taking a drink from the orange juice in front of her, "both her and the car gone."

"So, why wait for Vivian?" Dawn asked, taking a seat in front of Fawn and taking a piece of her waffles, "why not drive over there yourself?"

"Because of two simple reasons."

"Oh god, not again," Dawn groaned.

"Number one!" Fawn ignored her and continued, "I like to live up to the phrase "You are a virgin, who can't drive" and right now I'm doing great at both parts."

"I hope you don't always do great at both parts," Dawn commented.

"I'm going to assume you are talking about the virgin part, because I am never learning how to drive," Fawn answered back, smiling at her.

"So, do you have lunch money?" Dawn asked, swallowing nervously.

Fawn paled and quickly looked up at Dawn, a panicked look in her eyes, "What did you do?"

"Nothing! I'm just asking if you have some lunch money," she answered.

"You are the worst liar in the world, do you know that?" Fawn told her, smiling at her.

Ever since Fawn started living with her grandma, she never gave her lunch money. No, she didn't want to starve her. Dawn worked with Taylor sometimes, so she knew that all the money from the cafeteria was what gave the man most of the money for the crazy events he would sometimes put on. Dawn kinda wanted to stop his insanity, not completely, she just didn't want to keep celebrating what he called "The end of the month event!", where she wasted many hours of her time planning each one. So, she started a boycott with some other people from the town. It stopped him from two things, having "The end of the month event!" , and having her plan all of the events.