Chapter 2

T/w: fighting

    Dinner with the Tsukishimas was always fun. Akiteru would always act like one of those old men who tired to get kids to smile, & those kids being Yamaguchi & Terushima. Akiteru knew better than to try & make his brother laugh, due to the "rice incident" that took forever to clean up.

    After dinner, Terushima got a text from Akemi, his other older sister, saying that there was another brawl, & to stay at the Tsukishima house for another hour at least. Terushima asked is him & Yamaguchi could stay the night, because they would be really late getting home if they stayed an extra hour.

    Mrs. Tsukishima said yes, to no ones supprise. Dispite their appearences, Mrs. Tsukishima actually was very fond of her son's friends. She thought they were very sweet, especially to her. She thought of those two as her own sons, & had let them stay over on nights when it was too dangerous to go home. In fact, Terushima & Yamaguchi kept extra clothes at the Tsukishima household, just in case.

    It wasn't long after dinner that the Tsukishimas, along with the other two boys, made their way to bed. Two futons were pulled out for the two guests in Kei's room.

    "Hey, Yuuji."

    "Yeah Bambi?"

    "Do you think mom, Nanami, & Akemi are alright?"

    "I hope so. I don't know what I would do without them."

    "I-I just hope nothing bad happened to them."

    Just like that, Yamaguchi started crying.

    "Hey Bambi, it's alright. They'll be fine. They're strong women. They can hold their own, just like they've always done."

    Now, Terushima may not know if they were exactly alright, but he did know that they were strong. This was because of Yamaguchi's father. You see, when Yamaguchi & Terushima were younger, Yamaguchi's parents got divorced, which lead to Yamaguchi's dad to get hateful, & aggressive.

    One night, the Yamaguchis & the Terushimas were having dinner, as they do every Sunday night in the Yamaguchi apartment. Although, in that one specific night, Yamaguchi's dad, Satou Minatou, broke into the apartment & tried to attack his former wife & son. Now, keep in mind that at this time, Tadashi was only about five & Yuuji was about six. He tried to attack the child first, which was stopped by the Terushima sisters, who were about sixteen & eight at the time. Then, Ms. Yamaguchi stopped her ex by smashing a glass on his head, which made the man attack her in turn. She did knock him out after a few minutes of fighting, & Nanami trying to aprehend the man, & Akemi trying to comfort the now crying boys. Then the police got called & all was well, except for the fact that there was some trauma for everyone, especially the boys.

    Every time something happens, they boys are sent to go stay the night with the Tsukishimas. At first, Akemi joined the two, her only being a year older than Yuuni & all. She eventually begged Nanami to stop forcing her to go over there, since she didn't want to be a burden to them, so when she turned ten, only the boys were sent over.

    "Hey, Bambi. When does your, well, you know who, get out of, you know where?"

    "Soon. I hope he doesn't get to our apartment. Mom will kill him if he does. I don't feel like having a false criminal for a mother."

    "You're taking this supprisingly well Tadashi. How do you do it?"

    "Well, I guess years of following around Tsukki around rubs off on you."

    "I heard you talking about me?," asks Tsukishima, as he walks into his room.

    "Well, not much. I was just saying how spending years following you around rubs off on me," said Yamaguchi.

    "Yeah? I guess it does, although I don't see myself getting all energetic like Yuuji over there."

    "Hey! I-."

    The door bell cut Terushima off.

    "Hey Yuuji honey, your sister Akemi is here."

    The boys all looked at each other in worry. Then, the three of them ran down the stairs & hugged the slightly older girl.

    "Hey hey you three. I guess I got sent over too. Wel-. Hey Tadashi, are you alright?," asked Akemi.

    "Tadashi hasn't been having the best night. Could you explain to him that it isn't, you know what?"

    "Tadashi, it wasn't that. It was just a couple of brawlers that wouldn't leave. I was sent over too because it looked like another brawl, one much more violent. Seems like you two made the right decition."

    "I'll pull out another futon for you hunny."

    "Thank you Mrs. Tsukishima. Now Tadashi, dry those tears. Everything is going to be alright. Bring it in."

    The two of them hugged as Ms. Tsukishima fixed up a futon for the younger woman in Kei's room, along side of Yuuji's futon.

    After Mrs. Tsukishima fixed up Akemi's futon, everyone went to bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I think my word count gliched around when I was about 430 words or so, & when I finally got the word count back, I had over 780 words, so I decited to just roll with it. I honestly like how it turned out though. I honestly don't know how people get to 1000 words. I guess I have more inspiration tonight for some reason. Now, big sis Nanami says go drink water kids.

-Big Sibling Authour