03: Fallen Heroes

+

+

"You're powerless?"

WHEELS VOICES OUT HIS SHOCK AND SLIGHT disappointment once he turns his wheelchair towards the new girl. Everyone else was shocked, to say the least, she was the daughter of the Heroics' greatest leader, Marcus Moreno, and yet she was born with no abilities at all. It was clear that everyone assumed she had powers, and it was normal for them to do so, but Storm didn't see the new girl any differently, she had the potential, powerless or not. The grey-haired girl sent the blonde-haired male squealing in discomfort when he felt static around his shoulder, he met Storm's warning glare before quickly muttering an apology.

"Whatever. Can we put on the TV?" Missy rolled her eyes as if she was used to it and turned around to walk to her seat. Everyone watches as she pulled her chair and sat down, she lets out a sigh as she said, "I want to see if there's news about our parents."

Wild Card just stands there leaning against the chair at the revelation, but jumped when he felt the surge of twinge running through his veins, and he didn't have to ask what in the world happened, he knew whose doing it was. He holds his arm in protection as he stares at the grey-haired girl in confusion. 

"She's not the only one who goes to a school with normal kids, bonehead," Storm says through her slightly gritted teeth, sending a frown his way.

The male starts to defend himself, "W-well, it's different! You have powers and it was just a shot in the dark when I said she doesn't!"

"Well, you're doing a very good job at being an asshole."

"What did you just cal-"

"Okay, you two, break it up, break it up please!" Noodles chips in, his stretched-out head appeared in between the two, giving them both knowing looks. "Also, there's a child in here so please hold yourselves."

They both grumbled incoherently, turning away from each other as they went back to their respective tables. As Wheels pressed a button or two on the small screen that was connected to his wheelchair, the TV on the front was turned on as it was lowered down. Everyone scrambled back to their seats, wanting to see their parents in action. The screen flashed the words LIVE KYRO 10 before a female news anchor with blonde hair who wore professional clothes, appeared on the screen with a polite smile.

"You know, this is an epic Heroic Smackdown event when they've called in Sharkboy!" she starts, the screen flashes a pic of the named superhero and everyone, especially Guppy, cheered for it. The TV showed the male superhero springing out from the ocean, riding a massive shark, before jumping over to the wooden boardwalk.

"Earlier today, Sharkboy appeared from the ocean depths, landing on the beach of South Padre Island," the male anchor that sat beside the woman, in which almost no one can tell, spoke with a hint of excitement in his tone.