17: A Normal Day

EPILOGUE!

EPILOGUE!

+

"That's her?"

A YOUNG DARK-HAIRED GIRL STOOD THERE, STILL and quiet in the dark cold abyss of her own mind, the only light that had able them to see was one that dimly glimmer right above them. She did not remember bits of how she got inside here, but all she knew was that the Ancient One, who stood right beside her, was the main reason. But it was natural, at least that's what she said, to slowly forget the memories that weren't even properly hers, to begin with. The hollow and aching in her chest should slowly go away once she starts to forget about each and every recollection she had experienced and went through in this world, and once they're gone, she'd regain her original memories.

Where was I? Oh, right.

On the dampened ground, laid a maiden, fourteen years of age. Eyes peacefully closed, shining pale skin, and long white flowy hair spread out. This girl had been in a very deep sleep, not once had she woken up, nor moved an inch, but her chest moved in a snail-like pace up and down, indicating that she was still breathing. At first glance, this reminded the dark-haired girl on the fairytales she used to read, like a princess waiting for her prince to wake her up with a sweet kiss. But as we all know, it was nowhere near a fairytale.

"Yes. That's her. Procella Galvanic," the Ancient One confirmed for her, hands intertwined behind her back as the two continue to stare silently at the ivory-haired female. "The universe's decisions can really be anonymous at times, but just to make sure the balance of everything, there would have been a few haste sacrifices. She was always here at the back of your mind, she was always somewhere deep inside of you, just dormant as you used her body to continue living on in this world."

The dark-haired girl crouched down to the stranger's level to observe her a little closer, resisting the urge to poke her almost lifeless body. "So what happens now?"

"This alternative dimension would be forced to reset itself, back to where it all started. The incident."

She raised an eyebrow, still in her hunching over, she glanced at the bald female beside her. "And they'll forget all about grey girl?"

"Correct."

"What would have happened if I stayed any longer?" the dark-haired girl sighed, standing up as she took a step back or two. The water that covered the pristine floor that they were standing on was disturbed, soundless waves erupting from the area around her sneakers. She and the Ancient One finally swiveled around, not facing the white-haired female anymore as they began to walk away from her.

"You'll continue reliving the main story over and over again," said the wise woman, with the familiar orange sizzle following the movement of her hands as they continue to stroll deeper into the pitch-black. "And with each recreation of each chapter in the story, you'll notice how it carries on to be much effortless. You'll soon notice how everything would appear familiar to you, your mind may forget, but your body doesn't. And once you discover the truth, the world you live in will cease to exist, all in a snap."