Chapter One: Cross Academy Night Class

Kaname P.O.V

I opened my eyes and held my hands out in front of me as something fell from the sky.

...It's cold...

White Snow..

What is "White"? What is "Snow"?

It is something that is not red.

Something that is "Red"... is what?

Vampires.

Hearing footsteps approaching, I looked up to see a woman walking towards me.

"Are you lost, little boy?" She leaned down and smiled, revealing her fangs. "May I drink your blood?"

They are...

"No...!" I yelled as she rushed at me. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I saw a girl put her hand through the woman's neck.

"You are a disgrace to all vampires," She said and pulled her hand out as the body fell and turned to dust.

...Beasts in human form... who drink the blood from living humans. Vampires do exist...

"Are you alright?" She asked as she licked the blood from her hand.

You just don't realize they're there...

-TEN YEARS LATER-

My earliest memory is of that snowy day. Cross Academy, a private school.

I ran past the students who crowded around the entrance of the Moon Dormitory.

"Hey, don't push!" One of them said.

"Hurry up and come out..." said another.

"All right, everyone. Get back!" I stood in front of them, blocking their path. "It's past curfew for everyone in the day class, so please go back to your dorm." My name is Kaname Cross. I'm a first year in the Day Class. I'm also a member of the Disciplinary Committee.

Cross Academy, a distinguished boarding school, is attended by two groups of students: The Day Class and The Night Class.

"Get out of the way, Disciplinary Committee!" One of the male students said as he and a few others tried to get past me. I tried to hold them back as they rushed forward.

The Day Class and the Night Class share the same building for instruction... and there's always a bit of chaos in the evening when the Night Class comes out of their dorm to attend class.

The sound of the gate unlocking reached my ears and they students started screaming. The gate!

The Day Class makes such a fuss every evening...because the Night Class is an elite group... and they are all extremely beautiful. The doors opened and the Night class stepped out.

"Good morning, boys! You're all so lively and handsome today!" said Hana Aido.

I stared at her and when the Day Class boys rushed towards her, I was knocked to the ground. Feeling a hand on my arm, I looked up and saw a girl with waist length brown hair kneeling in front of me.

"Are you alright, Kaname?" She asked and smiled. "Thank you for doing this every day."

"Yuki!" I felt my face become warm. I quickly stood up as my classmates glared at me from behind. "I'm fine! Thank you very much!" I put my hand to my head and looked away from her.