Chapter Two: Zero's Secret

Normal P.O.V

All the day class boys and girls walk around campus chattering away which seems even louder than usual as they fuss over the stuff they're doing. In the boys dorm of the day class they boys continue fuss to get everything ready.

"Let's go!" one of them say.

"Just a minute, the ribbon!" his roommate says.

"Who are you giving it to?" one of the boys asks.

"Huuuh? Isn't it obvious?" another boy says. Cross Academy.

One of the day class boys waves to one of his friends. "Good morning! Today's finally the day!" he says.

In the moon dorm, Hana pulls the blanket off her head. "...Aaaahh... Give me a break, I was fast asleep." She says. "It's so noisy outside the gates...must be the boys from the day class. What do they want now?" she asks as she sits up, still groggy. She covers her eyes with her hand as the curtains are opened and she barriers herself under her blanket. "Takatsuki! The light...!" she says, annoyed.

Takatsuki pulls the curtain back. "Whoa...it actually is the morning boys. Better get ready to run. Oh...That's right. It's today..." she says as she looks up.

"What is?!" Hana says, mad.

Takatsuki looks at Hana and smiles slightly. "It's the day boys give out chocolates and roses and confess to their crushes...'Valentine's Day'" she says and all the day class boys stand around the gate.

Kaname P.O.V

The boys try to squeeze through each other to get to the gate as I stand on the top on the gate.

"It's still morning...! Are they really planning to wait here all day for the night class!?" I say as I pull out my whistle and blow it. Day class first year Kaname Cross, Guardian. "Classes are starting for all day class students! Everyone go to your classrooms!" I say as I point my whistle at them. I turn and see a boy trying to throw his chocolate and rose over the gate.

"I have to give them my chocolates and roses." He says.

"Hey, you! Get down from there!" I yell.

He falls back. "Aa-hh!" he says as he falls back. "Ah!" he yells as he heads towards the ground. I run towards him.

"Look out!" I say and I see someone catch him.

He looks up. "Oh...Thank you, Zero." He says as he looks at her.

"Nice catch, Zero!" I say as I raise my arms.

She glares at him. "I've told you a thousand times now..." she says and he backs away, scared. "Members of the night class do not leave the moon dorms during day light hours. If you absolutely must give them presents, it will have to wait until dusk. Come back when the night class and day classes change over. If any of you pull a stunt like that again...I'll personally make sure that you're suspended on valentine's day every year until you graduate." She says as she glares at them. Zero Kiryu. Guardian. Day class. First year.

"So once again, you begin valentine's day as the enemy of all man-kind. You do realize that you just destroyed any chance of getting chocolates and roses, right?" I say as I put my hand on her shoulder.

She turns and glares at me. "Then what should have I said? After all, my duty as a guardian is...to prevent the day class students...from ever finding out what the night class really is." She says.

I look at the gate. "Yeah...we'll have to be extra careful tonight." I say. The night class at cross academy has a secret that students in the day class don't know about. It's that the night class is made up of vampires.