Chapter 1: Ari

I rose to my awakening. This is not the life I chose. The life where other normal people live as free as they want to be. I live... in Cybertopia. This is the place where Cybers live and breathe. Sure, it's like the normal world with restaurants and cool stuff, but I, however, am not as free as other Cybers...

My fingers felt numb and my chest hurt a little. The scientist, Dr. Claudia Ravens arrived. "Ari, look directly at my finger..." I stared my blue eyes at her finger as she drew the light back and forth to check my eyes. "Good, now rise and come with me..." I stood up on my feet and followed her to the laboratory.
I was one of the testers, the people who DON'T come into the Cyber city because we have special technical abilities that regular Cybers don't have. Some come out into the city as the same Cybers, nothing unique about them... all in uniform. But some Cybers, like me, are uninformed.

I raised my arms as the uniform suit of white and black formed on my tan skin. "You can do the rest... design whatever color you want." Dr. Ravens says with a smile. This was my favorite part of getting dressed, I didn't have to even WEAR uniform-like clothes. I got to design them whatever I felt like. I pressed the button on my suit and I formed my suit to look like a romper. Then, I made it laced and colored it black, all by the touch of a button. I was satisfied with my clothing and went outside to the most diverse city of Cybers, Neon City. This is where Non-uniform people come to be like people on earth! This city is like Tokyo, Japan where Cybers don't have to form rules or follow certain guidelines. However, we ARE still robots so if we get hurt by humans or other cruel Cybers, we can die. But we die easily because we DISFUNCTION, which means that we don't have power in our systems and we 'die'. However, in minor injuries, we can only replace our parts in order to live. This is why we built our own world, to stay away from humans.

I stepped into the city and felt free. Nothing BUT out of the ordinary in Neon City because we make our own dreams come true as Cybers.

I stood in line for food. My electronic taste buds think of something spicy and fried. Once I got there, I scanned my hand, which had a credit card chip from the program where I lived. After it was paid for, I walked around the sidewalk of the beautiful city.