2.3

✧twenty three✧

Louis gets down on his knees and begins rummaging through some boxes to finalise the unpacking of his home. He sighs when he realises that this box is in fact Charlie's and he picks up the cologne of his husband, frowning a little at the familiar smell.

"Can I help?" Harry asks, walking into the room, a happy Ruby following in his footsteps. She wags her tail and runs to jump on Louis, causing him to shriek happily and drop the cologne as the dog jumps all over him.

Harry giggles softly at the pair and sits down on the ground, flattening his pleated, pink skirt as he does so. "C'mere, Rubes!" Harry coos, patting at his thighs. The dog immediately obeys and walks over to sit in front of Harry, her tongue out and panting.

Louis sits up, hair dishevelled and groans at the mess of the broken bottle. "I'm gonna go get something to clean this up, love. Don't walk over here," Louis tells him and Harry nods, eyeing the man as he walks out of the room.

The young boy then opens the box in front of him. It is full of photo albums and he immediately crouches to his knees and pulls one out. The green-eyed boy glides his hand over the navy blue and gold cover, collecting dust as he does so.

He opens the book and gasps instantly at the cute pictures of Louis as a kid. One of him in the bath, another of him on a playground. And then there is some with some other kids, who Harry assumes were his friends.

He flips the page and gulps audibly of the picture of Louis around his age. He was so beautiful, well is, but here he is so soft and cute and Harry's eyes sparkle looking at the boy.

"What are you looking at?" Louis chuckles and drops the equipment he was going to clean up the glass with, sitting himself next to Harry instead. And then he is groaning, his cheeks tinting red. "Ew, put it away."

Harry giggles and nudges him, flipping the page to see another one of Louis his age which he stares at in awe, his heart racing with fond at the braces that he wears. "Please tell me you still have these," Harry breathes out and looks up at Louis who smirks a little.

"One pair left."

"You should wear them some time," Harry comments and continues looking at the pictures for a moment before speaking up again. "You know..." The younger clears his throat. "You were quite cute in your high school days... I would have totally had a crush on you if you went to my school."

Louis takes Harry's hand in his own and squeezes it softly. His heart feels like it is in his throat, but he tries not to react too much. "Thanks, Bambi."

-*-

Louis sits on the dog park bench, the lead dangling from his hand that is rested on the back of the seat as Harry runs around with Ruby. The park is empty besides from the three of them and after a little too much running, Louis had decided to sit down for a moment. He watches Harry with a soft smile, the realisation that he loves having Harry around him 24/7 a little too much, hitting him.

Harry rushes over, a giggling mess, and he plonks himself down next to Louis, taking sharp breaths to try to calm his heartbeat. Ruby sits at their feet, bringing her paw up against Harry's leg gently.

The younger turns to Louis and catches the look the man is giving him. "Is everything okay?" Harry questions slowly, searching Louis' eyes.

The blue-eyed boy immediately reaches over to push some hair from Harry's eyes without thinking and whispers, "how did I never notice how absolutely breathtaking you are?"

Harry swallows thickly and mumbles a thank you while Louis blushes madly and retracts his hands. The
older passes Harry the lead, to which the boy clips onto Ruby's collar and they begin their way home.

They walk along the path, talking softly between each other. They both enjoy how easy it is to talk to each other and make each other laugh.

"What a slut."

"Bet he is easy, look at that skirt, I can see his whole ass."

Harry let's out a sharp squeak when he feels his ass being grabbed and he turns around with wide eyes, cowering back a little. Louis, however, steps forward and gives the two other men a glare. "What the actual fuck!" Louis growls and pushes the taller brunette backwards. "Don't you dare fucking touch him."

"What are you gonna do about it?" The other smirks and without a second thought, Louis punches him in the face, watching the man stagger backwards and grip onto his cheek with his tattooed hands.

"More of that if you keep it up."

"Lou," Harry rushes forward when noticing the blood pouring from Louis' hand. "Let's go home," he tells him, tugging on his shirt. The fear of Louis getting hurt making his stomach churn. "Please, babe."

Louis turns to him and his face softens. "Okay, love," he agrees and turns back to the men. One scared and one bruising already. "Stop being fucking jerks, you losers."

Harry grabs Louis' hand and drags him away. "Those guys are idiots, Harry. You can wear whatever you want and they should not lay a finger on you, fucking pricks."

"I'm used to it, Lou." Louis stops in his tracks and hugs Harry tightly, careful not to hit at the dog lead in Harry's hand.

"You deserve so much better, Bambi."

"Thank you for sticking up for me," Harry says and nuzzles his face against Louis' chest, feeling comforted in the older man's warmth.

"Always."

-*-

"Can we sleep with you tonight?" Harry asks, motioning to Ruby and himself. They are currently eating dinner, both quite upset that it was their last together, for a while, at least. "It's the last night. I want cuddles."

Louis chuckles and nods. "Of course you can stay in my bed, Bambi. And Ruby too, obviously, we can't leave our little princess out."

A few hours later and they were getting into bed, Harry lugging the photo album with him. "Not this again," Louis chuckles and pats the end of the bed, signalling for Ruby to hop up, which she does, cuddling into the bottom of the bed.

"I want to see more," Harry pouts and turns the side table lamp on, his pout turning into a grin when he finds the photo he was up to with Louis in the braces, grinning at the camera with his tight, tight red pants on. "I wish you were in my grade..."

"Why, love?" Louis throws him a confused look. Harry shrugs sadly, keeping his lips sealed on the reason. "We can still be friends now..."

Harry closes the book, gently placing it on the side table and he switches off the light, cuddling against Charlie's pillow. "It would be easier for me to have these feelings for you." Louis lays down, closing his eyes and pulling Harry closer to him with a sad frown. He presses a kiss to the back of the boy's curls and then tries to get some sleep, but struggles with Harry's words replaying in his head.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it, please leave me some comments. What do you think/want to happen next? x

Thank you for the help StormingSolby