1.6

✧ sixteen ✧

The wind howls and hits against the windows, causing a rattling shutter to sound through the guest room. The curtains scuff against the ground, blowing in the wind, casting shadows against the wall. Harry whimpers a little, pulling the blanket further up his thin shoulders, a prominent pout on his red lips.

Rain patters loudly against the roof, which under usual circumstances would be calming for the boy, but alongside the lighting and thunder, Harry can't help but feel scared. One loud crash of thunder startles him especially. He remembers what Louis had told him and is quick to get out of bed, to make his way to Louis' room.

He pulls at the lacey hem of his light pink, silk crop top and bites his lip nervously when he makes it to Louis' closed door. He brings his fist up to it, hesitating for a moment, an anxious feeling flooding through him. What if Louis was just saying that?... Louis may get grumpy if Harry wakes him up or maybe he will think Harry is stupid to be scared of a silly storm.

He swallows down his fear and knocks on the wood. A few seconds later Louis' voice is heard. "Come in!" Harry pushes open the door, his cheeks red. Louis pauses his television that was playing offspring on netflix and smiles warmly at Harry. "Are you okay?"

"I, uh-" the words get caught in the small boy's throat when he realises how dumb he must look. Louis' eyes bore into him expectantly, waiting for a response from the boy. "I'm scared," Harry blurts out, staring down at the ground ashamed. Another rumble of thunder echos through the room as it flashes with lightning.

"Oh, Haz. It is a bit scary, isn't it?" Louis assures him quietly and pats the neat, still-made spot next to him. "You can come jump in here if you'd like." Harry doesn't hesitate, he scurries over to the other side, jumping underneath the grey comforter. Louis laughs at his enthusiasm and switches the television off.

"Comfy?" The older chuckles, looking down at Harry who is already tucked in, his curls spread against Charlie's pillow. He faces Louis, lips parted and green eyes scanning over Louis' face. He nods a little, a small smile forming on his face. Louis switches off the lamp, and lays down as well, alongside Harry, nervously.

The room is still lit by the moonlight as the two lay, eyes staring at one another. "We should get some sleep," Louis whispers but makes no move to redirect his eyes from Harry. Harry just hums in agreement, a small smile playing on his lips.

The storm begins to pick up again and Harry squeaks, his eyes widening. Before he can think, Louis is pulling the boy closer to his chest, his arm wrapping securely around him. "I've got you," he rasps out, voice wavering. "You're safe with me."

Harry clenches Louis' shirt in his hands, taking a deep breath to inhale Louis' scent. Tea. Harry can't help but smile and visually calm down. He presses his forehead to Louis' chest and his eyes flutter shut. "Ni ni, Lou."

A/N: What are your thoughts? What should happen next? xo