Travelling

.
.
.
.
.
.

As he was sleeping he had strange dreams of his past. His father's deaths, the Mongol invasion, and the death that followed. Then the metal beast he killed before entering this world.

Waking up with a slight startle, he could see that it was early morning. The sun barely over the horizon as he sat up.

It got out of his makeshift tent and saw a few braves tending to their tasks. Not everyone was awake so he decided to come out.

He decided to look at the sword he found. It was incredibly different than his sword. It felt light but the blade sharp to the touch. Then there's the glowing edge he concluded that it could cut through anything.

He went up to a ledge overlooking outside the camp. Sitting down he wanted to compose a haiku.

(Be advised I'm not good at haikus.)

He stared at the surrounding before him. It was vast and had a variety of aspects.

Looking at what he'll come to learn is Devil's Thirst. Ancient runes of the old world.

Jin: "A strange world beckons forth."

Then he turns his attention to the many machines far off in the distance.

Jin: "Creatures that care for the earth."

Lastly, he looks at the sun as it peeks over the mountains.

Jin: "A new day, a new horizon."

Concluding his haiku, he crossed his legs and began to meditate. Focusing his mind and processing all the new information he received.

.
.

The two braves Jin saved have awoken. They were going to head out and leave for Mother's Watch.

Teran and Nira are having their breakfast and thought of yesterday. Even if it's of the past it will remain in their minds. Cleaning themselves they began to gather their things into a huge backpack.

All this time they wanted to know where Jin was. They didn't see him all morning as they were about to leave.

Nira: "Excuse me? Do you know where Jin is?" She asked Fared.

Fared: "Oh Nira. He's at the graves of the braves and outcasts we buried. You appear to be heading out."

Nira: "Yes. I was going to ask Jin to come with us."

Fared: "I see. Well, do be safe." He said hugging her.

Nira: "We will." She separated and went to go find Jin.

Going to where Fared said he be, Nira saw Jin giving a slight bow and had his palms together. She was curious and asked a question

Nira: "Jin, I hope it's not rude to ask but what are you doing?"

Jin: "I'm sending my condolences. From what I heard they fought bravely to protect those that couldn't." He said while not shifting from his position.

Nira: "Oh I see. I'll leave you to it." She quickly said not wanting to disturb.

After honoring the dead, Jin walked up to Nira.

Jin: "Is there something you wanted to ask?"

Nira: "Yes. Since we're leaving for our home. We wanted to ask if you would come with us?"

Jin: "I think it would be best. I'm still a foreigner to these lands. So I need to gather as much information as possible."

Nira: "Then you would talk to the High Matriarchs. They're our leaders of the tribe overseeing in time of crisis and deciding the best for the tribe."