Stepping Through

Published: 11/23/20
Edited: 4/11/21

.
.
.
.
.
.

Jin didn't know if he was ready to face the demon. The beast itself looks like it could kill him with one swipe. But that did not matter it was either him or the beast. Both are still, the only sounds heard are the door and the beast's movement. It starts to move to its left as it kept looking at Jin.

In a sudden motion, it leans forward a bit then lunges towards Jin. Its size and strength became apparent as it moved fast. Jin immediately dodges to the right which raised its two front legs to swipe downward. This created some distance between them so Jin pulled his longbow and readied an explosive arrow. He pulled back the string while aiming and released it. The arrow flew straight for the beast's neck.

The explosion seemed to knock back the beast as it staggered to the right then dropped. It was merely incapacitated yet this left the beast for an open strike. He ran up to its belly and thrust his katana then quickly pulled it out. The beast got up which made Jin back up a bit. He didn't know if that hurt the beast as it seemed not affected by it.

Jin: "Everyone and everything has a weakness."

Jin has to figure out if it's killable. He then notices where the spear and sword are stuck at. Each weapon seems to be in between the armor in which sparks spew out of the wounds.

Since he was close, the beast went for a swipe that Jin tried to dodge. Only to get knocked on his back but quickly got on his feet. The force from that hit hurt him but still kept fighting.

Now he figured that the white pieces on its body were some type of armor. A few pieces were missing and some weapons appeared to do some type of damage. He needed to knock off the armor which would make it more vulnerable to attacks.

So when the beast charged at him, he pulled out two sticky bombs. Throwing them at the beast while rolling away. The explosion blew off more pieces of armor exposing the dark wiring or what he thought was its skin. He then put in a couple of slashes that cut open the wiring. The beast went for the swipe only for Jin to sidestep and plunged his katana into the beast.

He tried to pull it out but was stuck. He lets go as the beast recovers. Pulling out his bow he goes for the open spots. Even with some of his attacks, he saw that the beast never expressed or roared from the pain. Like no matter how many times he attacks the beast still kept going.

Some arrows knocked off the armor. The spots where arrows hit sparks started to spew out more. The beast seems to get more damage. He shot an arrow that penetrated through the underbelly and break a canister that spewed out a green substance.

Then the beast charges faster while having its head down. It swings its head upwards, lifting Jin into the air. He is propelled from the ground into the wall of the cave. This made him dizzy and lose focus for a moment as he drops his bow. He is put on his knees as blood pours out of his mouth.

Jin: "Damn it." He gritted.

He took a big blow the armor took most of it but he would've still died. Jin probably lasted longer than the Mongols yet, it wouldn't be for long. He stands to his feet while using his resolves to heal up. Both of them look pretty beaten up from each other strikes.

With his katana stuck in the beast, he turns to the unique one. He unsheathes it out of the scabbard. Holding it tightly, the edge of the blade began to glow bright orange, red color. Jin could feel unknown power to it like this katana was powerful. He got into his stone stance, keeping a wide stance while holding the katana with both hands. His face shows no mercy, no fear like now he can kill the beast.