1st Moon

"Why am I being treated like this?"

.

.

.

.

.

"I did nothing wrong..."

.

.

.

.

.

"Is it because I am an orphan?"

.

.

.

.

.

"I am just a kid!"

.

.

.

.

.

Cold sweat trickled down Chan's jaw as he quickly sat up on his bed. His past keep on repeating in his dreams. The past that he wants to forget. Slowly, he got out of his bed and went down to get a glass of water.

As he approach the kitchen, his ears suddenly perked up and a whiff of an unfamiliar scent invaded his nose. Whoever owns the scent, it is scared. Stealthily, he creeped out of his house through the kitchen's back door and scanned the area. He followed the scent until he reached the area where it is the strongest.

He found himself standing in front of a bush in his garden. Letting out a low growl, he glared at the bush as if it's a moving living thing. A small whimper escaped from the bush which made his brow raise.

"Bushes don't whimper." he said to himself. Slowly, he crouched down. As soon as he looks into the bush, his eyes met a pair of glowing eyes looking at him full of fear. Chan really know what fear looks like because he have seen it many times in the mirror. His face softens and slowly held his hand towards the bush.

"It's okay... You can come out. I won't hurt you." he said gently trying not to cause more fear on the scared creature. The leaves rustled and a hand appeared out of the bush. "A human? No, a werewolf."

"P-please... d-don't h-hurt m-me..." stuttered a soft male voice.

"I won't hurt you. I will help you." Chan said as he slowly scoot closer to the bush.

Rustling of leaves can be heard again and as if in slow motion, a boy with orange hair emerge from the bush. His dirty clothes are torn and blood drips down from his wounds. His eyes are close to tears and he trembled as he frailly crawls out the bush.

Chan felt sorry for the boy in front of him. His clothes covered only a bit of skin exposing his unhealthy pale complexion and he is skinny to the bones. His orange ears droop as he cautiously crawled towards Chan. The latter looks at the poor soul with a saddened heart.

"What on earth happened to him?" Chan thought to himself. He got pulled from his train of thoughts when he heard the boy speak.

"P-please... d-don't give me to them. I d-don't want to d-die." tear-filled eyes look at Chan as the boy starts to beg. He starts to shake in fear and hopelessness.

"Who is them? Why do they want to kill you?" curiously, Chan asked.

"M-my p-pack... They s-said I am a d-disgrace... A-an o-outcast... They don't want m-me tainting their r-reputation." sobbed the boy as he lowers his head.

With a clenched fist, Chan stood up and held his hand to the boy. "I won't let them hurt you. You are safe here with me. Come, let me clean your wounds and put some proper clothes on you."

The boy hesitated but shakily grabs Chan's hand and weakly stands up. A tender smile appeared on Chan's lips showing his dimples as he help the boy walk towards his house. As soon as they got inside, they both heard multiple footsteps and strong pungent smell attack their nostrils.

"I-It's them..." he trembled as he grab the hem of Chan's shirt.

"Stay quiet. You see that room?" Chan pointed to his room. "Stay there. They won't be able to smell you if you're inside. Go." he lightly push the orange-haired boy. In return, the boy just nod his head and slowly climb the stairs and walked towards Chan's room.

After making sure that the boy got inside his room, Chan glared at the door where he hear the wolves on the other side. Cracking his knuckles, he walks towards the door and abruptly opened it catching the wolves off guard.

"What in moon goddess' spirit are you wolves doing on my property?" he said with a low growl.

The guy that seems to be their leader stepped out and looked at Chan, mockingly. He dirtily smirked at him and spits on the floor in front of him.

"We are looking for our lost pup. Have ya seen him?" The man grinned at Chan with his dirty yellow teeth.

"A lost pup? I haven't seen one." Chan said with a straight face while he looks at the man in the eyes.

"I can smell that little bitch and he is clearly inside your house." the man started to growl at him with gritted teeth but Chan stood his ground and coldly looked at the growling man in front of him.

"Get out of my property and never come back." with a monotonous tone Chan shooed the trespassing wolves.

The leader of the wolves did not like what Chan said and signaled his men. One by one, they slowly approach Chan with a menacing look. Flashing their glowing eyes and sharp canines.

"I really don't like folks like you. Arrogant pricks but deep inside are weaklings. You must be an outcast too, seeing you are alone and not in a pack."

Something snapped inside Chan and then blank.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chan's POV

I can feel something is repeatedly poking my left cheek. I try to swat whatever is poking my cheek but it still keeps on coming back.

"Hmm... g-go away..." I sleepily grumbled.

"U-uhmm mister... wake up..." said by a soft male voice. So, it was him who was poking me. Wait... I live alone! Who the hell is this person?!

I jolted from where I was lying and immediately sat up. I saw a scrawny boy in front of me with teary eyes. The memory of what happened last night came flooding in but something seems to be missing. How did I end up here in the couch?

"Are you okay, bud? What happened to the other wolves?" I asked him as ruffle my hair.

"I'm f-fine... b-because of you... and the other wolves... t-they are... are d-dead." the boy softly said without looking at me.

"Dead? Who killed them?" I was just talking to them last night and then... I can't remember.

"Y-you." he pointed his scrawny finger at me.

"Me?" letting out a laugh, I stand up and looks at the boy with disbelief in my eyes.

"It's t-true. You killed them and threw away their bodies in the river."

"Okay. Okay, Let's talk about this later. I am hungry. What do you want to eat?" I asked him to get my mind off the "fact" that I killed some wolves.

"I can choose?" his eyes are wide with confusion. Smiling at him I just nod.

"I want s-some g-grilled cheese, please. Is that okay?" he fearfully asked.

"Sure thing, bud. By the way, what's your name? I'm Chan."

"My n-name is Jisung, Han Jisung."

"Nice to meet you Jisung."