4th Moon

Chan's POV

"No wonder my barrier's alarms are blaring. How may I help you, gentlemen?"

The said men just glared at me with their glowing eyes barring their fangs as their way to intimidate me. Unfortunately for them, those don't affect me. Chuckling at their failed attempt to intimidate me, I move closer to the barrier. An amused grin plastered on my face.

"What brings you here in my territory?" I could feel the chills from my voice. They seem to ignore me after they noticed how their intimidation did not get into me. Their eyes scanned the area. Some even tried to sniff closer to the barrier. One guy whispered to the one who seems to be their leader.  Based on his reaction, he did not like what he was told.

"It seems one of ours strayed in your territory." the leader said between gritted teeth.

"One of yours? How so? No one can pass through my barrier." my tone sugarcoated.

"Don't fiend innocence you stray dog! Their scent is all over the place. Hand me those boys and we'll leave you be." his pheromone filled the place. An alpha... but a weak one. He really thought he can use his disgusting pheromone against me. 

 "As I said, the one you're looking for is not here. Do I have to drill that into that puny brain of yours?" this seems to anger him more. He signaled something to one of his men and they start to charge toward my barrier. Are they dumb?

 A loud crackling sound enveloped the whole area followed by screams of agony. The men who charged head-on towards my barrier are now on the ground, smoking, and curling in pain. Their leader just stood there, shocked and lost.

"Are you guys that dumb to run toward a highly active barrier?" mocking them with a sly grin on my lips.

Jisungs POV

I lead the other boys toward my room and quickly lock the door behind me. Rummaging on my drawers for the scent masking candles that Chan specifically told me to keep. Grabbing the candles that are slightly tinted with pink along with the matches, I motioned the boys to sit on the floor. Their eyes are filled with fear as they held on to each other. Changbin on the other hand, stood by the window letting the curtains cover him as he scans the area. 

The feeling of fear is not new to me. Instead, I can see myself in them. If it weren't for Chan, I would've been tortured or worse dead. With my trembling hands, I surround the two boys with the candle. One by one, I light them up, and slowly their scent is replaced by a sweet scent. As soon as I finished lighting the candle, a loud crackling sound was heard from where we left  Chan.

"Hyung!" abruptly stood and swiftly headed my way towards the window. Whimpers followed the deafening sound that made Changbin skip toward the two trembling boys. Tears erupt from their eyes. "Hyung, I hope you're okay." Just as those words left my mouth, a loud howl was heard.

"Chan hyung!" I sprinted towards the door but before I go out, I looked at Changbin. "Stay inside. Lock the doors and close the curtains. I'll be back." he just gave me a nod. I jolted out of the door of my room and out of the house. Running at full speed towards where they left Chan earlier.

As I neared the area, the stench of blood and burnt flesh invade my senses. Fear slowly crept to me like a parasite making its way into my brain. What if something happened to Chan? What if the enemy is still here?  Without thinking, my pace quickened. 

With a few more sprints, I reached the source of the god-awful stench. There he was... Outside the barrier... Standing above the fallen wolves.

Changbin's POV

"H-hyung... I'm s-scared..." Felix said with trembling lips between Seungmin's arms. 

"Hush... Everything is going to be alright. Chan hyung will protect us." I assured them as I gently embrace their shaking frail bodies. Rubbing their backs to soothe the fear they are feeling inside. I am afraid too but I can't show it to them. I should be the strong one for them.

Thirty minutes had passed but there is no sign of Jisung and Chan. The place is eerily quiet. I hug Felix and Seungmin tighter as I feel my fear grow. I don't want to think negatively but what if they got hurt because of us? What if... What if... they are dead?

Chills ran down my spine as those thoughts rushed inside my brain like a train. I feel myself shake from the fear spiraling inside me. Hugging my friends tightly, a single tear escapes my left eye. 

Felix's POV

I can feel Changbin's hug tighten. He may not say or show it, I know that he is afraid. We've been running away from those wolves risking our lives and now we dragged two people into our problem. There is a possibility they will get hurt or worse get killed. 

Clutching into Seungmin's torn and dirty shirt, I let out a whimper. This is all my fault. If I wasn't born a freak this wouldn't have happened. We would not be running away and scared for our lives. Now, we also risked the lives of the people who saved us. We barely know them but they willingly helped us. How can they help a freak like me? I am not worthy of their protection and effort. I am a freak. I am worthless. Pathetic.

"I know what you're thinking Lixie. This is not your fault. Don't blame yourself. It's those wolves' fault that they can't accept you. You are a beautiful creation of the moon goddess. You are not a freak." Seungmin assured me as if he can read my mind. It calmed me a little but I still feel guilty.

"Seungmin is correct, Lix. Those wolves are demons. Hurting their own kind just because you are different from others. They are idiots. Don't beat yourself too much. This is not your fault. Chan hyung and Jisung will be fine. They should be." I know Changbin wants to cheer me up but  I think he is also saying it for himself. I see tears brimming in his eyes and his slight shivers not from the cold but fear.

Footsteps...

We all froze when we heard hurried footsteps inside the house. I held unto Seungmin tighter while Changbin stood in front of us. Standing in a protective stance.

It's getting closer...

.

.

.

.

.

Closer...

.

.

.

.

.

.

Noooooooooo!