Prologue

Pacem, Intuentes Quoquo

Victor Zimes was on the verge of something great, and he knew it. The Great Reform was a needed change, and the people required stability. And as his father's dying wish, he would finish this.

Yet there were those who stood in his way. Rebels were attacking the streets and cities of Reform land, and Victor would not have it! These people had to see that order must exist, for without it chaos would ensue. Without him, that would happen. The tired man was in control, but for how long, he could not tell.

Looking down from the tower he now resided in, Victor could see the city below. It looked like a perfect description of the slums his father had once described to him, a tale spun from generations of trying to remember, remember anything at all. Even though he did not like the conditions his people were living in, it would have to do. His Agents were trying to maintain order down there somewhere, and he knew that too, which was why he felt he needed more. He could not hope to defeat the rebels and the criminals of his land. Nevertheless, with the limited prison space, most of either would endure a quick death away from the public eye. Did Victor really have any choice?

 He was more than thirty years old, and this wasteland of what he guessed was the long forgotten U.S was doing nothing to help him stay alive. Victor thought he would probably be dead in ten to twenty years. He hoped to see peace in this world before he faded from it.

"Ray, give me the report for today." He looked over to his close friend, and director of his armed forces, and the Agents.

"Only two arrests today, both from illegal weapons, and our prisons have one cell left." Ray Chelsing walked over to the balcony upon which Victor stood. "Any ideas?"

"So many, if only you knew, my friend." Victor stared off into the distance, then returned to his second-in-command, a calm look on his face. "They both commited the same crime; I think they should share the cell. After all, I am not evil, am I?" he knew the answer already.

Ray spun on his heels and made his way to the door. Before closing it behind him, he added: "Oh, and the rebels arms factory is taking a hit tonight. Our mutual friend found the person for the job."

Victor smiled, but only briefly, then delved back into thought. Ray was much like a younger version of himself, which he basically was, in his late twenties. Hopefully he would grow up to see the same future Victor sees.

In the meantime, at least those fools would be dealt a major blow.