Chapter 24

It was a big shock to herself that she had forgotten. How could she have forgot Rosé's birthday? What kind of a friend does that make her? A bad one, of course.

"You're here, monkey!" Rosé says with pure delight on her face as Lisa smiles lightly, still guilty about not having remembered her best friend's birthday.

"Happy birthday, chipmunk." She says, although she's already wished Rosé before over the phone when her friend was inviting her over for the birthday party.

"Thank you." Rosé says, smiling brightly and fixing her sparkly triangular birthday hat over her head as Lisa pulls at her cheeks.

It's not like she invited her senior Mina into the party. Mina had asked her where she was going and she had told her about Rosé's birthday party and then asked if she wanted to come to the party as well. Oh, she had invited Mina, after all.

Not that it mattered, though. There were juniors and seniors Rosé knew in the party. An extra senior doesn't matter. Not that Jennie glaring from across the room mattered either.

"Lisa?" Rosé says, warily eyeing Mina's hand on Lisa's thigh. "I need to talk to you for a sec." She says, indirectly implying for Lisa to move away from Mina.

"What is it, Rosé?" Lisa asks when they're at a corner, far away from the crowd.
Lisa spots Jisoo running around with white cups, presumably filled with fruit punch and offering them to anyone whose hands are empty.

"I have something in my room upstairs, could you bring it for me? I'm wearing this stupid gown and I can't seem to climb the stairs with these heels." Rosè says, already a little distracted by Jisoo gesturing something to her from afar.

"Bring what?" Lisa asks.

"It's a thing." Rosé says, making Lisa look at her weirdly.

"How will I know if you don't tell me?" Lisa asks as Rosé laughs.

"It's a beautiful thing. You'll know when you see it." Rosè says and rushes off to Jisoo and Lisa concludes that Rosé might just be buzzed.

She makes her way up the stairs, avoiding the bodies blocking her way and making her way up the stairs, feeling the beat of the music in her chest.

That soon turns into her heart hammering in her chest when she sees Jennie leaning against the wall right next to the door of Rosé's room. Her eyes are red on the rims and she's staring at Lisa with a particular intense gaze.

"Hey." Lisa says, trying to sound as casual as possible as she looks around the room for the "beautiful thing" Rosé was talking about.

"Hi." Jennie says quietly, slamming the door to Rosé's room shut, making Lisa look at her confusedly.

"What are you doing?" Lisa asks, as Jennie smiles lazily, making her way to Lisa and stepping a little too close.

Lisa doesn't back away, though. She doesn't show the kind of effect Jennie has on her because she's done that too much. Too much, for it to have become idiotic in itself. Too much, for Jennie to just throw it away and give her false hope.

Jennie looks down at her lips with such adoration that she almost believes it, but she's done that too much as well.

Jennie takes over her senses, so she tries to take over the situation by kissing her, again, the same way as that day - hungrily, aggressively. Jennie doesn't gasp and she immediately tastes of alcohol. The way Jennie's lips move against hers also gives away the fact that Jennie's drunk.

"I love you." Jennie whispers into her lips like she did not just confess her love for Lisa.

Love.

Lisa freezes.

"You're drunk." Lisa says, trying to keep her cool because she knows it's not true.

She knows Jennie doesn't love her.

It's all a game.

Jennie's been playing games with her from the beginning.

It's not real. Just like they were never real.

It's not real.

"I love you." Jennie repeats, still looking at Lisa with half-lidded eyes filled with adoration and Lisa snaps.

"You can't fucking say something like that!" Lisa yells and smacks her hand the door that Jennie is pressed up against, making Jennie flinch slightly.

"But I love you." Jennie says, frowning like she's in agony.

"No you don't! Stop staying that." Lisa says, panting heavily for the flood of emotions circulating through her body.

"Please, Lis." Jennie says with pain in her voice as Lisa looks into tear-filled eyes with her own tear-filled ones.

"You're playing games. You've been playing games from the beginning. You kissing me for the first time was a fucking game!" Lisa says, pulling at her hair in frustration.

"No. No, baby." Jennie tries but Lisa glares at her with angry tears in her eyes.

"Why did you kiss me, Jennie?! What perverse pleasure do you get from playing these games with me?!" Lisa asks angrily, shaking Jennie by the shoulder.

"You kissed me first!" Jennie snaps, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Games." Lisa says and sighs heavily.

"You kissed me on New Year's Eve." Jennie says, trying to contain her sobs.

What?

****

A/N: Not the best chapter but will try to come up with better :)))) Don't forget to vote and comment if you like ^^