Chapter 2 - Blossoming Love

Tsunade

She got up from her desk and stared out the window . A few days had passed since she talked with Naruto . He was currently on a mission . Why did her heart hurt so much when he wasn't around ? Whatever , I don't need a man to protect me . Those words seemed to have no drive behind them .

There was a loud commotion going on , a bit far away . She really wanted to be out there , watching the fireworks . Especially with him . She pushed her hair back and sat on the comfy seat . I hope he has a good life with her .

Naruto

Kunais flashed . Ninjas appeared from the darkness . Kurama's anger growing . My body being ripped to shreds . That was the dream I had this morning . Not really pleasant but it was something I got used to after a while . I saw the gates wide open and laid my eyes on the village . The mission was tough but it all worked out in the end .

I walked all the way to the Hokage mansion to give my report . The whole village was bustling with activity , I saw the children playing around in the park . Life wasn't so good back then huh ? . I knocked on the door , no answer whatsoever . I opened it , with a lot of creaking . There she sat , she seemed even more beautiful than ever . Her blonde hair laid back on her back . Her pen in her teeth . Her fingers strumming the table . She looked up and smiled . My heart beat even faster .

I sat down next to her and clasped her hands . She wanted to withdraw but I held on . " Is something wrong ? " , I asked . " Huh , Naruto , what do you mean ? " , she replied . " The smile you just gave me wasn't your usual " , I said . She hesitated for a moment . " Well to be honest , this workload has been stressing me out so much , I can't seem to get a break " , she said . After an akward pause, we hastily let go of our hands . I sat down and talked about the mission . She added some more work from the floor to her table .

A stray hair strand layed on her eyelids . I felt a bit annoyed , it seemed so out of place . Without thinking , my legs were moving , my hands were stretching out . I slowly removed the stray hair back to its usual place . It took me a few moments to realise what I has just done . A hot blush started creeping up my face . I looked down to realise she was staring up at me ..... with the most embarrassing blush .