2 | threats

"Did Regulus write you a letter?" Sirius asked as soon as Maya had emerged from her room.

"Um, no," she shook her head, "Because if he wanted to talk to me, he would just do it in person. Because he actually likes me."

Sirius rolled his eyes as they went to go join the group at the couch. He stuck his foot out and Maya wasn't quick enough to stop herself as she fell.

Right onto James' lap.

"Who's on top of who now?" James mused, as the girl struggled to get herself off him. "Need help?"

"Oh would you just shut up," she requested as she finally settled in her own seat. She pulled down her robes slightly so that they rested on her shoulders' how they were supposed to, "That was an accident."

"Hmm," he replied, an amused expression on his face.

"That asshole tripped me," Maya pointed out, gesturing to her brother.

Sirius put his hands up in faux surrender, "Don't put that on me."

"I'm going to kill you," she warned.

"See, your threats become less threatening when you never make good on them," he replied, "It's disappointing, really."

Maya stood up at this and moved to lunge at her brother but a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back before she could reach him. James had lifted her off the floor and Maya groped at his hands, "Let me go!"

"As much as I would love to see this play out," James began, holding her to his chest so that she was incapable of murdering Sirius. "I don't think you getting sent to Azkaban for killing your brother is the best way to go."

"It'll be worth it," she responded simply, still trying to pry his hands off of her. "Since when did you get so strong!"

"Maybe you're just weak," he pointed out.

She wiggled in his grip, "Release me and I'll let you live."

"You don't exactly have the upper hand here."

"It's the first day and you guys are already causing problems," a girl spoke up and they all turned to see Lily standing there with her arms crossed and the 'P' badge attached to her robes.

James dropped Maya and she fell to the floor with a thud. As soon as she had gotten back up, she brought her elbow down and rammed it between the boy's legs.

His hands immediately flew to the harmed area and his eyes were wide, "Ow."

"Pull something like that again and I'll have no problem making sure you're incapable of having children," Maya scowled at the boy.

"I'm going to have to take house points for that," Lily pointed out and it took everything in Maya's power not to roll her eyes, "Remus should have already."

"You do whatever you have to do, honey," Maya responded, adjusting her robes. "Makes no difference to me."

Lily frowned slightly, "Five points from Gryffindor." Maya could just imagine the gems flying out of the container. "Try not to cause problems again."

"Will do, Your Majesty," she smiled, bowing in a joking manner. Lily's frown became more prominent before she walked off.

"I don't understand why you're so mean to her," James said, his voice slightly strained.

Maya turned to look at him to see that he was now propped up on the couch, "I'm not mean to her. She knows it's a joke." Maya looked up in thought for a moment, "Correction: She probably knows it's a joke."