5 | mistakes

Maya's eyes fluttered open and she immediately shut them as her head throbbed. She could feel an arm rested around her waist and she sat up, rubbing her temples in an attempt to ease the pain. She glanced to the side and saw the person that the arm belonged to, letting out a light gasp in surprise.

"No," she whispered to herself before raising the blanket. Her eyes widened as she processed what this entailed. She glanced to the side at the shirtless boy and she carefully moved so that she didn't wake him. As she tried to move, however, she slipped and fell to the floor.

"Ow," she groaned as she pushed herself up. She froze when she heard movement in the bed. She remained crouched down as she waited for him to speak or make any indication that he was awake. He didn't.

She moved so that she was kneeling but froze when she came face to face with James. His eyes widened as he took in the girls appearance and then looked down at himself, "We didn't-"

Maya quickly covered his mouth with her hand, preventing him from saying anything. She pointed to her ear and then toward where she was certain the other boys were sleeping. 'Your wand' she mouthed and he turned over in the bed before grabbing it off his nightstand.

She took it and moved in front of the curtain, "Muffliato."

"You don't think we...I mean, we didn't, did we?" James asked warily, after she handed him his wand.

"There's no real evidence that anything happened," she pointed out prematurely. "For all we know, I just slept in your bed because I was too out of it to make it back to my own room."

"Right," he nodded although he wasn't entirely convinced.

She stood up from her crouched position and went to move but she had to bite her lip to prevent herself from making any noise. Okay, she thought to herself warily, Maybe there was evidence.

"Oh Merlin, Sirius is going to kill me," James groaned, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Sirius won't find out," she said pointedly, she scanned the floor, "Where are my clothes?"

"I don't-" he looked around, "I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment, "I don't remember anything from last night. I mean...I remember the firewhiskey. Lots and lots of firewhiskey..."

"I need to find my clothes so I can get out of here," she explained as she bent down, ignoring the pain as she searched under the bed. She couldn't remember it ever hurting like this before.

"Maya, just wait a minute," James requested, shaking his head. He threw the blanket off of him and got out of the bed. They both stood there in their undergarments. "Just wait."

She let her hands fall to her sides with a sigh, "Wait for what exactly? If I don't leave soon, they'll wake up."

"I just-Don't you think we should talk about...About whatever happened."

"No," she shook her head, "And the sooner I leave, the sooner we can forget this ever happened."

"How am I supposed to forget when I don't even know what happened?" he pointed out.

"Then let's hope neither of us ever remember," she replied before she continued her search for her clothes.

"I don't think they're in here," he spoke up after a moment.

"And you know that, how exactly?" she inquired, standing up straight. She crossed her arms over her stomach as she waited for a response.

"Because I vaguely remember a game of strip truth or dare."