Chapter 2: Closer

Tokoyami's pov

I walked into the classroom. I've been thinking all night about who the person could be. I was hoping that it was just a joke, but deep down I knew it wasn't, we all did. I entered the classroom to find Iida, Momo, and Bakugo looking at me with worry and Todoroki was just staring out the window. As I walked over to my desk and put my bag down I noticed the reason why they looked worried. There was a note on my desk. I just stood there in shock as I stared at the letter sitting on my desk. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Mr. Aizawa rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry I'll read it." He said as he picked up the note and walked to the front of the room. I then noticed that I was stuck in my thoughts for so long that the whole class had arrived and was now sitting in their seats. I took my seat next to Todoroki and Mr. Aizawa started to read the letter.

Dear Class 1-A,

Seeing everyone's reactions to the letter yesterday gave me a little hope. Although I'm not sure what I was hoping for, if you all would save me or if you wouldn't, if you couldn't. I've always thought no one cared about me, that everyone was just pitying me. I thought that people just talk to me because they feel bad for me, or because of my quirk because they think I can protect them, or because they think I'm dangerous so they want to be friends with me so they can be safe from me. In fact I still think that. I still believe that anyone that has ever voluntarily talked to me is just pitying me. I'd much rather be alone and not talked to than have to deal with that. You know, my father has always told me that friends are a weakness and that they would just distract me from my training, he forbade me from having any. The thing is, he didn't have to forbid me from having friends because I can't make any anyway. Enough of me being a sap and showing my emotions, in yesterday's letter I said I would give you hints. I'm not a girl. That's your hint and I believe that even though you don't know who I am you can trust me to tell the truth. 8 days. 8 days and then I'll be free from this hell hole I call life.

Sincerely,

Your classmate.

After he was done reading I look around and everyone was shocked to say the least, even Bakugo. Except for one person. Todoroki. He was sat leaning back in his chair with a plain look on his face. Weird. I'll have to keep an eye on him. Just like yesterday Iida took charge and walked to the front of the room.

"So we can cross off all of the girls, Tokoyami since he recieved the letter, and anyone who has a lot of friends or is very friendly." Iida said as he picked up a piece of chalk and began to cross off names.

He crossed out Mina, Asui, Hagakure, Jiro, Kaminari, Sero, Me, Uraraka, and Momo. That left the following people on the list.

Yuga Aoyama

Eijiro Kirishima

Koji Koda

Minoru Mineta

Mashirao Ojiro

Rikido Sato

Mezo Shoji

Shoto Todoroki

I am happy that the list has gone down but I'm still worried. I'm not the best at socializing and I don't do it much but I don't want anyone in this class to die. I keep reading the list over and over again trying to figure out who it could be. My thoughts then travel to Todoroki. He was acting weird earlier and the more I think about it the more he seems to relate to whoever is writing the notes. He is always closed off and doesn't seem to have, want, or try to make any friends. At the sports festival he didn't seem to have a great relationship with his dad, and he has a strong quirk that is good for protecting. He also always wears long sleeves and the writer who has written the notes implied that they cut. Could he really be the one writing the notes? The more I think about it the more I think that it could be him. So I quickly made a group chat of everyone in the classroom except Todoroki and sent a message.

Stay in the classroom after school but wait for Todoroki to leave. We need to discuss something.
Read by everyone.

I looked up from my phone to see everyone already checking the message, even Mr. Aizawa. I glanced over at Todoroki and he didn't seem to notice. We all put over phones away and continued with class as if nothing happened.

Time skip to after school

School had just ended and we all remained in our seats. Todoroki got up with a somewhat confused expression on his face and exited the classroom. Once he left everyone looked back at me. I walked up to the front of the classroom and explained my thoughts I had earlier. When I was done they all looked shocked but I could tell they felt the same way.

"I agree and the evidence is pretty damning but we still can't be sure it's him. So I suggest we keep a close eye on him." Mr. Aizawa said, and with that we all collected our stuff and left. It was silent the whole time nobody talked, nobody wanted to. If it was Todoroki I have to stop him, I have to save him, because he is my friend and I can't let my friend die.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
965 words.

A/N: I hope you all like this story! I probably won't be posting anymore chapters today. Also sorry for the chapters being kind of short but they aren't meant to be long. It makes it more mysterious and I'm lazy so. I hope you have a lovely day!

-Author-chan