Chapter 7: (Alternative Ending) A Fresh Start

A/N: The beginning is going to be repeated a bit from the last chapter, but trust the process.

Aizawa's pov

We all stood in shock at what we heard. It was surprising, terrible. Then it hit us. What the last few sentences said. He had already done it, but there was still a chance we could save him. We all ran out of the classroom and split into groups. We looked in every room. After about 10 minutes of searching I heard a scream. I started running in that direction as did some others. When we got to where the scream came from we noticed it was a bathroom. I pushed my way inside and there he was. Shoto Todoroki was lying on the bathroom floor bleeding out. Bakugo called 911 and Midoriya, Iida, Kirishima, and Uraraka helped me wrap his self-inflicted cuts with bandages Momo made and some of Sero's tape. Once we were done we were still waiting on an ambulance and I checked his pulse. It was already low and was still decreasing. I started to give him CPR. I then noticed a newly opened bottle of some kind of pills next to him, it was almost empty. So he tried overdosing and cutting. After a couple more minutes the ambulance arrived and we carried him out of the school and put him in. Once the doors were closed they sped off to the closest hospital. I went with him and watched as they connected him to many IV's and put an oxygen mask on him, desperately trying to keep him alive.

(A/N: New stuff starts now.) Also time skip 2 months.

That day has played in my mind over and over again ever since. I got up and put on some comfortable clothes, it was the weekend and I had the day off from hero work. Once I was ready I got in my car and started driving to my destination. Luckily Shoto survived. I won't call him Todoroki since it's his fathers name and he probably won't like that. I guess I'll figure out when he wakes up. He's been in a coma for 2 months. The cuts he made did a lot of damage but the thing that put him into a coma was the overdosing. I visit him almost everyday, or whenever I have free time. The only people that are allowed to visit him are family so no one else from UA has seen him. The only reason I'm allowed to is because I have custody of him. Endeavor was arrested for child abuse and is in jail and even if Shoto is in a coma he needs a guardian. So I stepped up. I'll ask him if he is ok with it when he wakes up but I had to do it for the moment. I walked into the hospital and made my way to his room, I already had it memorized. I walked in and saw him like I have for everyday the past 2 months. Lying on a bed connected to many machines and IV's limp, pale, scared, distressed. Not once have I seen him with a calm face in his coma. I feel bad for him that even when he is sleeping he is still suffering. I sat down on a chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand. I stroked his pale, lifeless skin with my finger. I just wanted him to wake up. I wanted to show him that people do care for him, that he has no reason to leave, that he wouldn't have to deal with his father ever again. I sat there for about an hour until I felt something grab onto my hand. I was confused at first but when I looked at his face I saw his eyelids fluttering open. He was waking up. I jumped up out of the chair and looked at his face.

"Hey kid nice to see you awake." I said he looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

"A-aizawa Sen-sensei? W-what d-do yo-you m-mean?" He was a bit stuttery and his voice was dry and hoarse from not talking so I gave him some water.

"You were in a coma for 2 months Shoto." I said as he drank the water.

"O-oh so I-i li-lived?" He asked.

"Ya kid and you aren't going anywhere. But I do have some good news for you." I said I wanted him to know this as soon as possible, I didn't know if he still thought he should die.