Chapter 5: The Last Letter

A/N: In this story Todoroki never told Midoriya about his past at the Sports Festival.

Aizawa's pov

I've been thinking about these letters a lot recently. I just hope we can help who it is. Between our two options I think it's Todoroki. As much as I don't want to admit it. He doesn't seem to have the best relationship with his dad, I saw that at the Sports Festival. I just hope this is a twisted dream. I arrived at class at about my usual time, 5 minutes late. I wondered who was going to get the letter today since they said they weren't going to be giving anymore hints. I opened the door and walked into the classroom. For some reason everyone's eyes were on me. I went up to my desk and noticed why. The letter was on my desk. I set my stuff down and picked up the letter. Once I unfolded it I noticed the tear and blood stains. They had been on a couple other notes too. I took a deep breath and began reading.

Dear Class 1-A,

Tomorrow is the day. The day I can leave this horrible world. I decided the way I'm going to kill myself. I'm taking extra measures this time. I'm gonna make sure I succeed. You know it's funny. If you were to compare the recent letters to the first one I left. They are completely different. Back then I wanted to be saved. Back then I wasn't sure if I wanted to die. But now I don't want to be saved, I want to die. I went home last night. It was one of the worst beatings I've ever gotten. According to my father it's what I deserved for "taking a day off". I mean at least I didn't have to deal with the pain for too long. In the middle of him beating me I passed out on the floor, he continued to beat me while I was unconscious. When I woke up I immediately limped to my room and took some painkillers, so I'm not in as much pain as I should be. You know we have dorms for a reason, to make sure the teachers can keep track of us, and know where we are all the time. Taking that in mind it's ironic. Everyday after school I walk to the dorms, change, and then walk out the front door and go to my house. Then I either end up staying overnight at my house or I come back to the door really late. Everyone seems to think I just stay in my room all of the time. When in reality I'm not even there, and no one notices. Not my floormates. Not Aizawa-Sensei. Whenever my father is hurting me I always think that everyone else is probably doing homework or having fun with each other at the dorms while I'm stuck in a room with my father's feet and fists digging into my abdomen. Although now I'm thankful. Today is the last day I will ever have to deal with that. I just need to suck it up for today, and then I can finally kill myself tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Your classmate.

I finished reading with a big sigh and closed the letter back up. As I looked around the room I felt a feeling of shame. Because I couldn't save my student. Because I haven't been able to help them they got badly beat yesterday. The worst part is that I can't do anything about it, because I don't know who it is. Just because I have a feeling doesn't mean I'm right. This is a very delicate situation and we are running out of time. As much as I hate to do it, I have a responsibility as a teacher to continue on. No matter what. So I took one last look at the list and started class.

Mezo Shoji

Shoto Todoroki

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
663 words.

A/N: I know its a shorter chapter than usual but I'm planning on finishing this story today and the next chapter is going to be kind of long. I hope you have a lovely day!

-Author-chan