Chapter 8: Problems

Here is the next chapter!

In this chapter, Criminal, healing, and feelings.

I do NOT own Harry Potter or the Fate series, just my Oc's and story idea.

Off we go!

Chapter 8: Problems

KING'S CHAMBER

King Akram was standing in his chamber as he talked with King Akil and King Gilgamesh, tensions were high as the Nippur king was worried for his children while Akil was agitated to the point Gilgamesh had to shove some wine into his hands to calm the man down.

"So, tell us of what you have found King Gilgamesh," Akram asked as he crossed his arms.

"The one who did this had poisoned the cake as it was being made, as you both saw no one was near the cakes to taint them during the meal," Gilgamesh said as he crossed his arms.

"Indeed," Akil said taking a sip of wine.

"So, the cake was tainted in the kitchen or as it was being delivered, a servant maybe?" Akram asked holding his chin.

"In the kitchen is more likely, the head cook told me the kitchen was barren for a short time as the first lot of food was delivered before everyone arrived for the morning meal," Gilgamesh said as he glanced at Akil and decided to break the news to him the best he can.

"While investigating the kitchen I found this near a hidden area, blocked from view," Gilgamesh said as he held up Jarnila's earring making Akil's eyes widen.

"That's Jarnila's earring, she was missing it this morning, don't tell me," Akil asked warily as he looked at Gilgamesh as if hoping he was wrong.

"Yes, a guard also found a piece of ripped cloth belong to Jarnila's dress with blood on it near the kitchen in a rose bush," Gilgamesh said handing the earring and bloody cloth to Akram as Akil sighs running a hand down his face.

"Why? I know she's trouble but to do this?" Akil asked looking tired with everything, before Gilgamesh could speak a knock got their attention.

"Who is it?" Akram asked as into the room step a guard with a healer and mage with the latter holding a box.

"My king, we found something most disturbing in princess Jarnila's room," The guard said as the mage steps forward and opens the box to show the potion's inside.

"This box contains two poison bottles, one was partly empty but it broke, one loyalty, one obedience, and one love potion my king," The mage said as he bows.

"So she planned to use the poison to kill Nabila for interfering yesterday then use the remaining ones to ensnare Atama," Gilgamesh said with a growl his red eyes seeming to glow with hidden anger.

"Nabila? She was targeting my youngest!" Akram asked sharply turning to the king of Uruk.

"Yesterday, Jarnila tried to seduce Lord Atama inside the male bathing area but was rejected, Enkidu and I made her leave, we then joined Atama for a wash. After we finished we all hear Nabila's yell and rushed to her only to see Jarnila going to strike her but Atama stopped her," Gilgamesh explained as Akram's eyes darken, he was not pleased one bit.

"We later learned from Nabila that Jarnila was cursing our names, the young princess tried to stop her but nearly got hit for it, I think Jarnila planned to get rid of Nabila since she is always getting between her and Atama," Gilgamesh said as he held his hip while Akil sat down holding his head in shame.