Chapter 10

Caroline's POV
"He apologized to you?" Elena asked surprised over the phone.

"It was very surprising to hear the least." I say honestly to Elena.

"Wow that's the first time Klaus has ever done that. He must really like you." Elena says to me.

"He did say he liked me when I was in his office." I admit to Elena.

"See." Elena says trying to corroborate the situation.

"I'm pretty sure he means he like me as an assistant. Nothing more. He also said that." I mentioned to Elena.

"Caroline I know Klaus for a very long time and I never ever heard him apologize or admit his mistakes to anyone. Even when he's wrong. Klaus definitely has a thing for you." Elena says and I roll my eyes even though she can't see me through the phone.

"Even if you're right and Klaus does like me. I wouldn't go for him." I state to Elena.

"And why not?" Elena asked.

"Because he's my boss and it's wrong." I say to her.

"I'm pretty sure Klaus can care less if your his assistant or not. He literally asked you to be his date yesterday last night. Everyone in the city thinks you're his new lady." Elena says to me.

"Klaus Mikaelson is a unsolved puzzle that you can't solve." I say to Elena.

"Maybe but it wouldn't hurt to try to put all the pieces together." Elena laughs and I kind of laugh at her joke as well. "Well I have to go. Elijah is preparing dinner tonight for me." Elena says

"Aww how sweet of him."I say to Elena.

"Yeah he's been really trying to do something nice for me since he's been so busy with work." Elena admits.

"Well I'm sure you'll love it." I say to her.

"I hope so. Bye." Elena says.

"Bye." I say and the phone call ends.

I decided to go into the kitchen to get some water and relax a little bit in the living to watch some TV. I don't normally watch tv everyday since I've been in college but I guess I have more time.

As I grab my water bottle from the fridge I walk into the living room and turn on the tv with the remote. I scroll through channels until I find something interesting on their. I finally come across the New Orleans news and I hear they mention the Mikaelson's

"The gala was definitely a big event last night and a shocking surprise was seeing the Mikaelson's there. Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson coming out their limo with two ravishing young ladies. Klaus Mikaelson sure definitely looks amazing with his new date last night and no one seems to know who she is or how they know each other. Is she Klaus Mikaelson's girlfriend or just some fling that he brought to the gala?" The news lady says.

I am so stunned on what I just saw. A fling? I am not just a fling. How could they say that. Another thing is that they can't assume that I am Klaus's girlfriend. I'm not even his friend. I'm his fucking assistant for crying out loud.

This is so annoying. I am not even in the mood to be watching tv anymore. I shut off the tv and head back into my bedroom to get ready for bed. I have another long day at work tomorrow so I need to get as much rest as possible.

I hop into my bed and turn off my night light and shut my eyes and go to sleep.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Sorry if the chapter is a little short.😅

Please vote and comment😊