Chapter 17

Clay took a deep breath in as he poured the thick, teal liquid down Y/N's throat. He didn't release it.

Once the potion was swallowed, Y/N began to cough profusely. Clay let out a breath and a smile crept its way onto his face. Trayorus nodded and left the room. Clay picked Y/N up and got both their backpack situated on himself.

He walked back through the Nether to his portal. He walked through and boarded Eclipse.

"Sorry for the extra weight, Eclipse. We gotta take a detour before heading back," He pulled out a map from Y/N's backpack. "Okay, Dan's place is only a few hours trip away from here... We'll pick up Sushi and then head home."

He gave the command and Eclipse started an even trot. Clay made sure Y/N's body was secure in his arms as not to injure her further.

"C-Clay?" Y/N muttered, her eyelids slowly opening about halfway.

"What is is?" He looked down at her.

"Thanks," she smiled, closing her eyes, falling asleep in Clay's arms.

"No problem. Anytime," he said, kissing her forehead. "Giddy up, Eclipse."

About two hours later, they arrived at Dan's. Clay grabbed Sushi's lead and held it the two and a half hour trip back to his tree house.

Once they arrived, Clay took Y/N up to his room and set her on his bed. He kissed her forehead and went to unload.

He put Sushi and Eclipse in Eclipse's large pen and took his and Y/N's bags up to the living room. He unpacked his bag and hung Y/N's on a coat peg.

He made some chicken and set out a plate for him and Y/N. He ate his share and took Y/N her plate to see if she woke up yet.

Clay smiled as he walked into the room. Y/N had just woken up and had sat herself up and was rubbing her eyes when Clay walked in.

"Hey sleepy head, I brought you dinner," he set the plate down on the desk beside the bed.

"Thanks, Dream. Augh!" Y/N cringed, grabbing her torso in pain.

"Are you okay!?" Clay jumped slightly before setting a hand on her back.

"I don't know. Whatever you did, it saved me from the poison but the gash is still there. And it hurts a lot," she told him, looking up at him.

"Do you want me to look at it?" Clay asked, hesitating a little.

"Yeah," Y/N replied, lifting her shirt exposing the full gash across her torso. (Btw she didn't lift it above her bra)

Clay left momentarily and came back with some medical supplies and a towel and bowl of warm water.

"I uh..I'm going to need you to uhm..," Clay blushed. He didn't know how to put the words together. He wasn't trying to seem perverted, he just wanted to help. "I need you to take off your shirt-."

"Oh okay," Y/N replied. Was she embarrassed? Yeah. But she knew Clay was only trying to help.

She tried to take her blood-stained, white shirt off but lifting her arms to high was paining her.

"Clay?" She spoke, getting his attention as he turned back to look at her. He had turned away so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah?" He walked over.

"I can't lift my arms up to high. It hurts," she told him.

"Oh okay, here." Clay held the shirt and pushed Y/N's arms through the sleeves in a way that kept her arms at her torso. Then he gently lifted the shirt over her head.