Chapter 13

Clay reached the village at nightfall, meaning no villagers we're out. Clay wandered the town and stumbled upon an iron golem. Clay reached down and picked a poppy up, handing it to the iron golem to show he wasn't a threat. The iron golem accepted the flower and led Clay to an abandoned house. Clay went inside with Max after tying up Eclipse and collapsed on the bed. He used the little energy he had left to kick of his shoes, take off his armor, and get situated under the sheets; just before he passed out.

The next morning, he put on his backpack to head out and felt a jab in his back.

"OUCH!" He yelled, immediately taking of the thing and looking for what jabbed him.

He pulled out a device and hit the triangle button, then the music started playing. Clay smiled, shaking his head as he looked at Max.

"Only Y/N would sew a pocket behind a back pocket that's behind a back pocket. This is also the same device she used the night we danced," Clay said, earning a bark from Max.

"Come on," He said, pulling his backpack back on, turning of the music and stuffing it in the side pocket. "We'd better get supplies and head out."

Max barked once more before they started the long day.

——————————«•-•»—————————-

"Alright, I think that's it," Clay told his pets. He got on Eclipse after hooking up the minecart with Max and the backpack in it to her.

"Ight, go," Clay instructed, giving Eclipse the okay to start walking.

Every half-hour Clay would get off Eclipse and drag the minecart himself to give her a rest. When he did this, Max would hop out and walk with Clay. Then, after about another 30 minutes, they'd reload on Eclipse.

About 5 hours later, they all took a rest under an oak tree. Clay drank his water, making sure Max and Eclipse stayed hydrated as well.

"Well guys. This starts the journey, sitting under a log. Drinking water.... Ya'know, my life's not that exciting. I mean, monster attacks sure ,but all I ever do is search for Y/N. It gets boring. I mean, there's so many places she could be! If I had been able to catch her that day, I wouldn't be here. Seems I can't do anything right," Clay said.

"Oh well," he sighed. "If I can find Y/N it'll be worth it." He boarded Eclipse again and they were off.

——————«•-•»—————-

"Okay, final check. Again," Bad said. They finally we're ready. They finished the check and walked inside the portal.

"Oh boy," Lizzy gagged, squatting slightly while holding her knees. "I'm gonna throw up."

"Same," Y/N said, muffled from her hand she had placed over her mouth.

"Oh, toughen up, butter cups, let's go," Bad said as they all sped off, Lizzy and Y/N still slightly recovering from the trip.

They searched and searched but couldn't find the fortress, they mined a tunnel back for a shortcut and went home.

"Okay guys, we'll have to pick this up next week. This is going to take longer then we thought," Bad told them.

The group agreed and dispersed back to their own homes.

"Hhggh!" Y/N gasped, striking the zombie. The zombie returned the gesture by stabbing Y/N with his golden sword.

"ARGH!" She screamed in pain, stabbing him once more before he died. Y/N looked at her arm and winced.

"Crap, my house is a good two hours away, and forgot my med kit there as well. Only option is to head to Aph's and Aaron's," she concluded.

She started walking. Even though it was only a 20 minute walk, it felt like an eternity.

"Of all the days to leave Sushi home," she thought aloud, holding her wound to slow the bleeding.

She looked up and saw the village. She smiled in relief, speeding up her walking even though she was exhausted.

She reached Aphmau and Aaron's house and knocked on the door. Aphmau answered.

"Hel- OH MY IRENE! AARON, GET THE MED KIT!" she yelled up to her boyfriend. "Come up!" Aphmau said, leading the injured Y/N upstairs to the bathroom.

Aphmau grabbed the med kit from Aaron and shooed him out, closing the door. She took off Y/N's shirt revealing the full gash along with some other cuts and bruises.

"Oh my Irene! Y/N what happened?!" She asked, while cleaning Y/N up.

"Zombie and skeleton ambush," she replied, wincing when the rubbing alcohol touched any open cuts or if Aph accidentally bumped a bruise.

"I know it hurts but I gotta do it," Aph said, switching to mom mode.

"I know. Ugh, if I had just been able to dodge at least a few of those attacks! But no! I got hit by every single one!" Y/N sighed in defeat as Aph finished bandaging her up.

"Every attack?" Aphmau said, sounding concerned.

"Yep, most of them were just weak arrows and punches but this one zombie had a gold sword," Y/N told her.

"Well, your shirt is toast. And your pants are to. I may have some clothes for you to wear. But you're staying here tonight. It's almost 10 and monsters will be everywhere," Aphmau decided.

"Ok. Thank you," Y/N thanked Aph.

"No problem. I'll be right back with some pjs," Aph stated, running off to get some pajamas for Y/N.

After Y/N got into the spare pjs she headed downstairs, where Aph and Aaron's friends, Zane, Nana, Katelyn, Laurence, and Garroth, were waiting.

"I told you guys, she's fine," Aaron told the group.

"Why is everyone here?" Y/N questioned. Nana didn't hesitate to jump for a hug.

"Oh my Irene! We heard Aphmau~senpai yell and we came to see what happened and heard you were hurt!" She said, wagging her cute cat tail.

"I'm fine- air," Y/N gasped, making Nana let her go.

"Oops! Sorry, Y/N~sama!" Nana giggled, making Y/N smile.

"It's fine. Anyways guys," she spoke to their friends. "I'm fine, I just got caught in the middle of a monster ambush and because I was so worn out, I couldn't dodge any attacks."

The group talked for a while before everyone eventually left.

Aphmau got Y/N situated in the guest room before leaving to her own room.

Y/N fell into a dreamless sleep about 10 minutes later.

This one's another short one. Sorry. All my chapters are around 1500 words average so 😗✌️

,Irish Potato☘️🥔