Chapter 27

"CANA HAVE YOU SEEN GRAY?" Juvia asked, approaching the brunette who was drinking.

"I drank him!" The brunette barked, slamming down her drink and laughing. Although, Juvia didn't find it so funny as the very next thing she did was try and look into Cana's mouth.

"If you're looking for Gray, I saw him following Erza and Mest. He was with Natsu and Lucy." Mirajane smiled. Juvia let go of Cana's mouth and began a daydream revolving around where the five could've been heading. She was bobbing her head up and down as her crazy imagination spun wild when someone came up from behind and elbowed her face into the table.

"Gajeel..." Juvia grumbled, trying to get the iron dragon slayer of her head.

"Oh? You wanna drink, too?" Cana asked her mind immediately traveling back to different beverages.

"I'm putting the B Team back together." Gajeel declared with a smirk. Mira walked up closer to the table, now interested in the conversation.

"The B Team?" She asked, her voice light and airy.

"Our team during the Grand Magic Games?" Cana added, pausing in her movements.

"We're gonna look for our old thunder pal, and that Gray fanatic." Gajeel elaborated, a small smirk overtaking his features. Behind him Panther Lily exclaimed something about thunder, as the exceed was frightened of it.

"What brought this on?" Mira hummed in confusion, she was all for the idea, but was confused as to why they needed to reform their team.

"Do you know where Laxus and Vel are?" Cana asked. If Lucy couldn't reach the pair then it was highly doubtful that Gajeel could, well that's what she thought at least. Instead of answering either of their questions the male simply let out a scary laugh.

***

"Now, we will begin the practical exam. Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa mumbled. We had all changed into our hero costumes, and were gathered just outside the school in one of the training grounds. Aizawa was opposite us along with most of the first-year teachers.

"There are a lot of teachers..." Jirou whispered. I nodded in agreement, and I noticed a couple others bob their head as well.

"I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing." Aizawa asked, making everyone break out talking.

"We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exam, right?" Kaminari yelled in excitement, him and Ashido running around pumping their fists in the air.

"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Ashido cheered, Kaminari joining in with the chant.

"Too bad! For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!" Nezu announced, his voice muffled as he popped out of Aizawa's scarf. Everyone let out a gasp in surprise and yelled out his name in surprise.

"Different?" Yaoyorozu whispered under her breath, mulling over the possibilities.

"From now on, we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting. So... We'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!" Nezu cheered excitedly.

"Against the... teachers?" Uraraka gasped, her eyes going wide in surprise.

"In addition, the pairs and who each pair will be up against have already been decided. These were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships, so here they are: