Chapter 1

IT STARTED as a voice. A small shred of doubt, it dragged me down and made me feel useless.

I gulped, pushing down the small ball of anxiety in my chest. My eyes watered lightly as I bid farewell to my guildmates. It'd be a long time before we met again. No one saw this coming, I mean Fairy Tail was our home, our only place what were we to do if it ended? I had never thought about it before, I'm sure others like Bisca and Alzack who were married and had little Asuka to take care of had. I turned towards the Raijinshuu Tribe, that's where I had always belonged among a team surrounded by those I cared about.

"We're going to Blue Pegasus." Laxus grunted as we followed a curt path out of Magnolia. We all nodded, still in a state of shock. My eyes blurred and I was once again reliving that day. Bile rose in my throat, and I felt a frown pull at my lips. I shook my head clearing my thoughts. Evergreen stared at me weirdly, I'm sure they all were. I shot her a small smile.

"Are we replacing our guild marks then?" I asked after a while. Bickslow turned in my direction, nodding his head in a no. I sighed content with his answer. A silence covered us, as we made our way into Blue Pegasus territory.

***

"Mennn~" Ichiya grinned. I walked away heading towards Master Bob who was in charge of the guild. His appearance was always weird, with a shaved head make-up covered lips, and bright clothes not to mention the small pair of wings on his back. Nevertheless, he was wise and a good guildmaster for Blue Pegasus.

"Thank you for letting us stay Master Bob." I greeted politely, dipping my head slightly. He clapped his hands together.

"Of course, you're always welcome." He exclaimed. "Think of this like your second home."

Evergreen and Jenny Realight(another member of Blue Pegasus) sauntered over taking a seat besides me.

"Hey Jenny." I said. She turned towards me, her blonde hair swaying as she moved.

"Nice to see you again Vel." She replied hastily.

"Do you know where we're staying Ever?" I asked. Evergreen hummed in response which I took as a yes. I stood up, and headed towards the exit. Once outside I leaned against the railing surrounding the guild. The guild itself was placed on a hill that overlooked the city. It was a beautiful sight, throughout the city as far as I could see was color and people. It was brimming with life.

"What's wrong?" Someone called out. I whipped around my eyes wide. Hibiki Lates, he had the magic Archive, a rare power that allowed him to search the databases of others and save data.

"I don't know, it's just that everything feels off. Like, I've lived a good portion of my life with Makarov, and he wouldn't just disband the guild. There had to have been an ulterior motive or something." I answered, my voice panicky and high. He nodded, but didn't speak. "And, I'm grateful Master Bob is letting us stay here, I really am. It's just I..."

"You can leave, you know. You're not obliged to stay here." Hibiki hummed. My mouth fell agape in surprise. He's not wrong. I'm sure they don't need you anyway, you're weak.

***

I tugged at my bag strap pulling it higher on my shoulder. I turned and mouthed 'I'm sorry' before leaving. I wanted to get stronger, to be able to protect the ones I cherished. And honestly, I couldn't do that here. Hibiki was right. I don't have to stay here. It was the middle of the night, Ever and I were dorming together, and the others were in the room right beside ours. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, and taped a small note to my door, then taped three other notes to the boys' door. Then I left the house altogether with a small portion of my belongings/

I walked into the forest straying off the path, praying no one would come after me quite yet. I stopped in my tracks, my eyes going wide.

"Would you like some tools?" A man asked. A long cloak covered his face, and his hands were frail. The soft moonlight gleamed, illuminating the small cart he was dragging. A small scroll tied up with a red ribbon caught my eye.

"What's this?" I asked, picking the object up in my hands. The paper was thin, and by the feel of it extremely old.

"It's a travel scroll." The man answered, taking it out of my hands. He pulled the ribbon off and opened it gently revealing a spell. "It'll send you to another place, it's like an escape from reality. And afterwards if you want to return you just have to recite the scroll again."

For me that sounded like heaven, somewhere I could go to rid myself of the constant guilt I carried. I exchanged with him, handing him a pouch of jewels and him giving me the scroll. As soon as the transaction was complete he disappeared as if he had never been there in the first place, the only evidence was the magic scroll I held. I quickly gazed over it, reading the spell over and over.

"All right, here goes nothing. Take me away from the world I live in. Leave me someplace where I can shine. Allow me an escape route from the pain I hold. Bring me happiness and peace in this new home." I recited. A giant magic circle opened up below me, and a flash of purple light enveloped me. My eyes squeezed shut on reflex, and my hands were gripping my bag tightly. Wind rushed past my face surprising me, the warmth of the circle disappeared. I opened my eyes to see a large building getting alarmignly close. I let out a shreik as I relized I was currently free-falling through the air. What the hell? I came to a slow stop, and I looked up to see my exceed smiling at me. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks 'Nami." I breathed. The exceed gave me a cheeky smile, and placed me gently on the ground. I should mention, she placed me in the middle of a group of teens. All in fighting stances. I shared a glance with my light blue cat, and she hopped into my bag once more while I put my hands up.

"Umm, hi?" I sweat-dropped. Soon after that the world went black. Well shit. Was the last thing that crossed my mind.

***

And that was where my other-worldly adventure started. Oh right, I do believe i haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Vel Solon, I'm an s-class mage and a member of Fairy Tail, the former number 1 guild in Fiore. I'm an Ice Dragon Slayer, and my exceed's name is Tsunami. I'm also a member of the Raijinshuu Tribe. I'm 15 years old, and I've fought through two wars! Well that's about it.

***

Words: 1181