New years special

(A/N) photo brought to you by my family's awesome 4th of July traditions lol! Also, this chapter will not be affecting the story, it's just fun for new years! See ya at the end!

"Any day now Akari." Shoto said, sitting down next to his girlfriend, who is sitting on the couch under a sea of blankets.

"Don't remind me... I'm scared out of my mind." The girl said, a small scared smile plastered on her face.

"Don't be scared, I'll be right next to you the entire time. I won't let anything bad happen, and I'll support you till the end." He said, snuggling his face into Alari's cheek.

"Some things can't be helped Shoto.." she said rubbing her face.

Fuyumi walked into the room holding a tray of snacks, Rei walking in behind her.

Fuyumi's bright smile light up the room, causing the atmosphere to shift  from nervous, to happy and light hearted.

"Sooo!! I got you some more baby clothes at the store Akari! I put them in the nursery already, so you won't have to when they baby's here!
Plus, do you think you can stay awake for this? You've been randomly falling asleep a lot!" Fuyumi said.

"I... um I don't- I don't know, I'll try to stay awake, I've been really tired lately, and I haven't been sleeping well." The white haired girl explained.

She suddenly grabbed Shoto's hand and pressed it up against her baby bump,

He started to smile, and a light dusting of pink spread across his cheeks.

"They're kicking." He said, astonishment clear in his voice.
No matter how much he'd felt them kicking, he'd always been astonished by it.

Rei watched with love and adoration as Fuyumi also joined in, wanting to feel her niece or nephew kicking.

"Our child is so precious Akari." Shoto said, knowing it'd make her smile.

"Sooo Shoto, is she gonna take your virginity?" Natsuo asked smirking.

"When we're older." Was Shoto's answer. Natsuo couldn't believe he said that with a straight face!

"Whoaaa dude! You kept a straight face!" Natsuo said, astonishedly.

"Of course I did. She's the one." Akari was taken aback by who nonchalantly he said that.

"Really?"

"Of course Akari." He said, hugging her and slipping a ring on her finger.

" He said, hugging her and slipping a ring on her finger

"I promise I'll love you forever. That's why I bought you this promise ring." Shoto said as he kissed her cheek.

"If you want you can call it an engagement ring or wedding band, if people bother you about the baby."
Akari was blushing brightly,
her cheeks becoming hot without her permission.

"Th-thanks Shoto!" She said, continuing to blush brightly.

She admired the ring carefully, knowing it likely cost a lot of money.

"How much did this cost Sho?" The soon to be mother asked.

"289 USD." He answered nonchalantly.

"Wha- but-" She stopped talking when the male too her hand in his, and gently kissed it.

"But nothing. You're absolutely worth it Akari. Besides, it was my father's credit card I used to pay for it." He started to grin evilly at Akari's flustered face.

"Oh come on Akari.. my brother did such horrible things to you! You deserve the spoiling, honestly,
we should be spoiling you more."
He lowered his gaze, now focused on the couch just beyond the girl.

"You guys let me design the baby's nursery however I wanted, with zero budget, and you're supporting me both emotionally and financially.
That's the most spoiling anyone can ask for."

Her smile lit the entire room as she hugged Sho closely.

"Thank you, and your family, for giving me the opportunity to live. For allowing me to stay here, for giving me a home."
Tears formed in her eyes as she thought about what had happened if she weren't given a place to stay 
by the Todorokis.

"Hey, Akari it's okay, what's wrong?" Shoto's heart wanted to panic, but is brain said no, she he stayed calm.

"I-I was just thinking about what would happen if you guys didn't give me the ability to st-stay here!" She said, occasionally stuttering due to hiccups.

"Akari we would've always given you a home. You don't have to worry about that." Shoto said soothingly, rubbing circles with his thumb on her back.

He held her until she calmed down.

"Do you want to watch movies? Any movie you want, we'll buy it if you want." He said smiling softly at the girl.

"The Hunger Games...? Or Divergent? H-Harry Potter? All of those are in English tho..." She said shyly, her eyes widened when
Fuyumi yelled out, all of a sudden she was
fully aware of her presence.

"I don't mind watching American movies! It'll be fun! We can use subtitles, or a translator! It'll be a learning experience!"
Natsuo groaned.

"I mean we could, but I wanna relax, I don't wanna do more reading on my break!" He rubbed his face.

"We'll watch American movies until midnight! Come on Natsuo!"

He groaned but watched the movies no problem. He got pretty into The Hunger Games.

The family turned their attention to the clock, it was about to be midnight.

"3... 2... 1..."

"Happy New Years!" They all yelled simultaneously, Shoto kissing Akari as the clock struck midnight.

"We're stuck together for the next year." He said smirking as he held her close.

A/N hello again! I know it's shorter then normal, but have some New Years fluff! Remember to yell Jumanji!

Published January 1st, 2021