Chapter 171 - I reach into the darkness

"Aw yeah! We're back!" Ashido cheered, flinging the doors to the 1-A dorms open as she ran into the common room.

Kacchan immediately let out a loud bark, wagging his tail excitedly, as Kinu weaved between the students' legs to paw at Uraraka's feet, flicking her tail around wildly.

"Kinu!" Uraraka scooped the chinchilla up, "How were you this week?"

The chinchilla let out an excited chatter, as Bakugou huffed, before reaching down to scratch his Pomeranian behind his ears.

Koda immediately went to look for Yuwai, and Midoriya let out a silent, relieved sigh. He looked up, noticing that Uraraka was holding Kinu up, and the chinchilla patted his nose with her paw.

The green haired boy blinked, confused, and Shinsou turned in an attempt to stifle his laughter at the boy's bewildered face. Reiko let out a low purr, and used her own paw to gently smack Kinu's paw away, before she jumped off Midoriya's shoulder onto the ground.

Uraraka let Kinu go, and the chinchilla raced over to Reiko's side, the both of them chattering excitedly, and Ryuto fluttered down from Midoriya's shoulder to join them.

Todoroki stretched, and yawned, "We're finally back."

"Yeah. This week has been super hectic." Uraraka grinned, "Come on, let's unpack. I'm not sure if Lunch Rush would be making dinner, or we would be responsible for it."

"Yes! I shall ask Aizawa-sensei about the dinner situation! Even if we do not have to make dinner, we should still unpack! There are lessons tomorrow, and the earlier we unpack, the earlier we can rest and get ready for tomorrow's lesson!" Iida nodded, holding up a plastic bag with some sod bottles and chip packets, "I think there are also some leftover snacks and drinks from the bus ride back to UA! I will leave them in the kitchen, should anyone want some!"

"I..." Midoriya paused, unsure if he should continue, but that was more than enough to catch Iida's attention.

"Ah! Izuku! Do you need anything?"

Midoriya meekly pointed at the bag, "Can I... take a soda?"

Iida's face immediately lit up; for once, Midoriya was actually verbally asking for something, instead of just pointing or gesturing or using sign language! The bespectacled boy couldn't help but feel so proud of the smaller greenette; he had really come a long way from that shy, quiet boy who distanced himself from anyone and would always put others before himself, not even daring to talk or ask anyone for anything.

"Of course! Take whatever you want!" Iida grinned, opening the plastic bag for Midoriya to tale his pick, and the smaller boy could easily grab a bottle of lime-flavored soda, "If you need anything else, everything will be in the kitchen."

"Thank you." The greenette nodded slowly, before Iida turned around, waving his arms at Sero and Kaminari, "No running in the common rooms! Especially when there are so many people! You would run into someone by accident! Stop running!"

Midoriya moved to the side as Ashido decided to join the chaos, and the group just watched as Yaoyorozu tried to help Iida in wrangling the excited trio. Midoriya looked up at Shinsou, who just smiled down at him, gently ruffling his fluffy green hair.

"Do we have any homework that's due tomorrow?" Todoroki asked, and Shinsou thought for a second, before replying, "Yeah, that Mathematics homework that we all finished together. I think that's it."

"Oh, okay." Todoroki picked up his bag, "Well, I'm going to go unpack."

"Yeah. We have to do that too. Let's go." Shinsou stated, and Midoriya nodded.