Chapter 26 - No one needs to hear your words

The lessons passed relatively quickly. Modern Hero Art History, English, Mathematics.

Shinsou was seriously just waiting for the lunch bell to ring so that he could grab a quick bite before going to the infirmary; his parents would kill him if they found out that he had skipped a meal, and the fact that they worked at the school he attended didn't help.

It wasn't like he needed to listen in class anyways. Kayama had given them some homework, Kaminari and Ashido were struggling with their grammar, and he was really good at permutations and combinations, which was the topic that Ectoplasm was covering. Once they had been released, Shinsou, Koda, Iida and Uraraka had made a beeline for the cafeteria, aiming to eat as fast as possible, before heading to the infirmary.

What they weren't expecting, though, was for another group consisting of Shoji, Kaminari, Kirishima, Jiro and Yaoyorozu following them.

"I guess everyone is worried about Midoriya, huh?" Uraraka gave a small laugh, scratching the back of her head.

"No surprise there." Yaoyorozu sighed, "He jumped into the fight protect everyone, to protect us..."

They finally reached the infirmary, and Kirishima knocked on the door gently. Shuzenji opened the door, and sighed, "I figured you'd be here even though I specifically told all the teachers to tell you guys not to visit. Midoriya woke up earlier today, but he fell asleep again. As long as you're quiet, and don't touch anything, you're welcome to visit."

Iida bowed slightly, "Thank you."

Shizenji nodded, "Nezu's inside as well; you should be on your best behaviour. Also, be careful. If you shock him, Midoriya might attack you? He doesn't come to the infirmary as frequently as you hero course kids, he's a bit jumpy in a foregin environment."

Shinsou replied, "Yeah, we understand."

Shuzenji pushed the door open wider, and the group of students carefully walked into the infirmary. To their confusion, the blanket had been hastily shoved into a cupboard, and Midoriya was curled up on the bed under a fluffy jacket. Why he wasn't using the blanket when there clearly was a clean one available, nobody knew.

Nezu was reading over some paperwork, and he raised his head when he saw the students enter, nodding in acknowledgement.

Shoji was roughly a couple arms length from Midoriya, and he took a step closer to avoid bumping into a cupboard.

Midoriya's eyes shot open, and he let out a strangled yelp as he tried to push himself up. He faltered, and Shinsou saw a miniscule wince on the boy's face as his arm gave way slightly. Yaoyorozu and Jiro gave a small yelp in surprise and took a step back as Shoji flinched at the boy's sudden movement.

Midoriya's emerald green eyes were clouded with pain and confusion, and he glanced around, eyeing each student warily, almost like he was trying to figure out who they were. He finally seemed to figure out what was going on, and he relaxed slightly, before lowering himself back down on the bed gently.

Shinsou could see his arms shaking visibly with the effort, and guilt pooled in his stomach.

He had been injured much more because of him. If he had more stamina... if he had noticed Shigaraki targeting him....

He pushed the thoughts away. It wasn't the time for him to be wallowing in self pity.

Midoriya curled back up around Ryuto and Reiko, and the cat nuzzled Midoriya in an attempt to calm him down.

"Hey, Midoriya, how you doing?" Shinsou asked.

Midoriya reached out a bandaged hand in an attempt to sign, but his hand and fingers were trembling too much for Shinsou or Koda to make out what he was trying to sign.