LYRIC

Jo'anna
Things have been going pretty well between Eve and I we're nothing serious just enjoying each others company. Rue walked up to my desk taking me from out my thoughts "we have a possible rape victim a body was found need you to go check it out." Nodding my head grabbing my coat and keys replying "On it."  My partner Dominique and I headed to my car. Dom is my best friend I have yet to tell her about Eve, she help me through my whole divorce. Rue hated our relationship but I'll honestly never do anything with Dom no matter how fine she was.

Pulling up to the scene I flashed my badge ducking underneath the cation tape I held it for Dom , covering my nose from the strong odor "damn it stinks out here

Pulling up to the scene I flashed my badge ducking underneath the cation tape I held it for Dom , covering my nose from the strong odor "damn it stinks out here." Walking up to the body Regina the examiner pulled the sheets back my heart dropped as she continued taking  more pictures of the women. "No ID but a cellphone I'm guessing she's been here a while, maybe a week she was beaten for sure signs of vaginal tearing lesions around the neck and wrist."  Taking the camera from her face she looked at me "I won't know more until I get to the lab." She said
"alright I'll meet you in the lap." Just as I was about to leave. I received a text from Eve telling me to look up, looking across the street I saw her standing in the window of a bakery smiling to myself Dom noticed and walked behind me nearly scarring me to death "new girlfriend?" She teased rolling my eyes "No I don't have a girlfriend." Taking my gloves  off I walked across the street to the bakery. Walking inside there she stood behind the counter. "If you gone stay you gotta pay" She gazed at me with a smirk, " We'll take 6 beignets please" Dom walked pass me bumping my shoulder turning around winking at me as she paid. "Best beignets In all New Orleans coming right up."

Eve
Tessa help me out time from time around the bakery when Marie wasn't around and today just so happens to be one of those days, telling her their order she nodded and got to work. Thank God Marie wasn't here or she would have a fit and all hell will break lose. Jo grabbed my hand taking me out my thoughts pulling me closer to her, staring into her big beautiful drown eyes my heart slightly fluttered, "yes?" Removing my self from her grip noticing Tessa and her friend all gazing our way, "can I see you tonight considering we haven't-" placing a finger over her lips her facial reaction was almost hilarious but she kept her cool, "what time do you want me there?" Looking at her watch she shrugged her shoulders "11:00pm maybe? I work a little late but I'll be there." Just before I could respond Tessa interrupted  handing Jo the bag of beignets  " here you go hope you like them." "I'm sure I will thank you, listen I've got've get going but I'll see you tonight?" Handing me a card with any address on it I nodded giving her a soft smile.

Digging in the bag Jo took a bite of the beignets as her friend snatched the bag laughing at the two I nodded my head holding in my laugh, powered sugar covered both of their mouths. "Yes I'll see you tonight."
Once they left the shop Tessa sat on top of counter playing with her necklace "Ma what do you do when somebody you like lied to you?" Snapping out my thoughts my attention immediately focused on Tessa " Well that was random and I don't know baby." Playing in her curls as she laid her head on my shoulder "I tell you what baybah tell them how you feel and if they don't understand or try to understand your feelings I say leave them alone. But always believe what a person show you the first time." She shook her head no shrugging her shoulders "But if they're like really fine and cute." Laughing at her pout I shock my head kissing her forehead "you gone have to talk to your aunt about that one."