[2] Hunger of the pup (pine)

Hunger of the pine- Alt-J

Please vote and comment! :)))

I honestly didn't remember you. At first anyway, it had been so long, 8 months I think. Excuses excuses. I can't really say that our second encounter was much better than the first, only on the account that I can't really remember much. well, of the night before. I can, however, tell you that the morning after was pretty shit.

*8 months later*

"What about that guy over there?!"

"Nah, he's way too tall!"

"Oh come on, Hannah, can we really be picky right now?!"

"Suit your fucking self!"

With that I watched my friend shove thought the hubbub of loud mouthed, twenty somethings. Shit. After trying to shout after her, I retreated back to the bar. She always gets too sensitive when shes half cut, I'll leave her a few minutes and then catch up with her. Slinging back the remainder of my drink, and allowing the slight burn to set alight to my throat and warm my stomach, I look up, to notice a pair of eyes twinkling down at me. After a few moments of silence, I decide to break the ice.

"What are you staring at?" Oh, great line Ivy, you're definitely getting laid tonight.

"It was you that was staring," The gravel in his voice seemed to crackle like static in the stale air between us. He was either completely wankered or had a cough. Either way, from a quick scan of his body, I decide that he is not completely repulsive, and by the way his eyes lazily rake up my torso, to land my face, I can only assume the thinks the same of me. I realize he is gesturing at the bar- "Drink?"

"Erm, Grey goose please, neat" One of his unruly eyebrows plucks up, but he doesn't say anything. After the first drink- in silence I may add- I buy us another round. I'm not sure what he's thinking about but whatever it is he is completely wracking his brain about it. It is only now that I realize he is not dressed for clubbing, with a pair of grey slacks slung loosely on his hips, a polo shirt wrapping his torso, and a wine coloured Harrington jacket bunched up in his seemingly giant hand.

"Are you going to stare at me all night, or come back to mine?"

Somewhere between me 'staring' and him propositioning me, we end up consuming two more rounds. "I suppose I'll come back with you" As I try to hop off my chair, the amount of alcohol I have drank suddenly sucker punches me and I have to steady myself on the bar. A warm hand grips my elbow, and I look up to meet the same eyes belinging to the Harrington man. "You alright love?" I flap a hand in answer and take note of the smirk that worms its way onto his lips. 

In the taxi back to his, his large, chapped hand snakes it's way onto my knee, and with each corner we turn, slides higher up my thigh, until his fingertips are flirting with the edge of my dress. I feel a plunge in the centre of my stomach and let my head loll back onto the head rest. A small part of my mind thinks that if he was a decent guy, he wouldn't be taking advantage of my drunk self right now, but for the most part- I was anticipating what was to come.

*The next morning*

The first thing to register is the deep breaths that seem to fill up the silence, the second thing, is the breath blowing onto my nape, and the third, that I was hungover. Fuck. OK, maybe I can sneak away without him waking up. Hopefully it's a him. Oh bollocks. First move, turn my head, and it's a guy-thank god. Its only now I realize that our legs are intertwined under the thin sheet. I suddenly feel suffocated, with out bodies glued together, a thin sheen of sweat coating our limbs. A soft padding now engulfs the air, making his breaths seem tiny in comparison, The padding noise increases, and my fears are confirmed- footsteps, heading towards this room. Deciding that my best option is to feign sleep, I close my eyes and let my body fall slack as the door is shoved open. "Pup mate have you go.... Fuck. Sorry man. Are you even awake?" Just stay still, he doesn't know I'm awake. "At least he had a good night," The man seemed to mumble more to himself than our sleeping frames. After waiting a few seconds to make sure he is gone, I try to slither out of bed. My attempt is ruined when a arm is slung over my chest and a face is shoved into my shoulder. My naked shoulder. SHIT. After glancing around and determining the whereabouts of my clothes- well most of them- I plot my escape. Although it would be pointless if the second man will be outside the room. Well, either way I am destined for a walk of shame. Maybe I can leave a note, what did that guy call him again.. p...p...pup. Wait - PUP?! After realizing that I have slept with that stupid bastard that knocked me over all those weeks ago, all concern over pride is lost and I scramble out of bed and hop around  the room- pulling my clothes on as I go.

"Great strip tease, but I'm sure its meant to go the other way..."

"Shit! You scared me!"

"Sorry love, but no morning fuck for me?" He draws his brows together in what I am sure he thought was a puppy dog look. 

"I'm afraid not dickhead,"

"Whoa, do you talk to your mother with that mouth?" His attempt at bantering with me is cut short.

"God, shut up. Oh shit! It's thursday! I need to get back!" I continue collecting my belongings and jump when a pair of arms grip my waist. I bolt upright, and feel his breath on the side of my neck, just below my ear. "Why are you running away," the gravel in his voice remains present, leaving me with an answer to my previous question- he must have a cough.

"You pushed me over!" 

"No I didn't love,"

"Not now, you arsehole, like seven months ago or something,"

"Don't remember, and I cant say I enjoy you insulting me, especially after last night. No, you definitely were'nt calling me names then. Well, you were calling my name..," He mused outloud.

"Oh fuck off, I need to get home, I have stuff to do, and waking up next to a dick wasnt on my agenda!"

"It seems that I made a bad impression, how about you come back to bed and change that.."

It is now that I am increasingly aware of the presence of his hands, which are rising from my waist, and now sending tingles throughout my body as he toys with my bra wire.

"No, look, I need to get back, can you please give me a lift?"

"Not if you're not gonna come back to bed wi-"

"Fuck off i'll get that other guy to do it, failing that, i'll walk."

I make it out of his room and to the front of the house without seeing the other guy. Deciding its best to walk and save the hastle of asking for a lift, I pull open the door and step out. I get half way down the street when I hear pounding feet behind me, I step to the side- assuming it's a early morning jogger, but no, puppy dog himself stops at my side. "You didn't think I was that much of a dick to not give you a lift, did you?"

I shrug non comittedly and accept his offer, walking back towards his house and folding my body into his deep blue fiesta.

"Where to?"

His voice seems too loud for the previous silence, and almost echos through the small car. After giving him directions, I sit fiddling with the frayed seatbelt as a silence engulfs the both of us. A silence that neither of us attempts to break, after all, there is nothing to say.

"Thanks for the lift,"

He grunts and nods as I pull out of the vehicle and head towards my house. I am halfway to my house when I hear

"If you ever want to thank me properly, you know where I am!"

Shaking my head, I open my front door as I hear him zoom away. Cocky bastard.

You always were overly confident. I will never know why. You don't seem so confident now, you are pulling me into your chest and rocking me back and forth- if anyone was watching they might mistake you for the one that is in pain. Well i suppose I dont have too much confidence now either, literally my life- a long with a large proportion of my blood- is pouring out, much quicker than it should be able to. Its almost unnatural.