The Metal Man

*Peter's POV*

    I looked up, smiling so wide, to see Tony Stark run a knife through Loki. It all happened so fast, and so horribly. I remember leaving Loki standing in the hall. I remember scaling the roof top eager to impress. I remember swinging by the window and watching my world fall apart. I remember the feeling of my heart shattering. And it's all because of that monster Tony Stark. I didn't even think of Aunt May or the fact that I was still in my suit. I swung through my window scattering glass shards across the floor in time to hear Aunt May scream and to see Tony Stark dragging Loki's bleeding body out the door. Filled with rage I took for the door, that is until I heard Aunt May's silent sob "Please Peter. Don't leave me. I can't lose another one of my boys." it was barely a whisper. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned back to face her on her knees. Collapsed to the floor "May?" I heard my voice crack, she nodded and looked up to me, revealing the tears streaking her face. "It's me honey. I'm back." I just about fell into her arms, and she caught me. We laid there, crying and holding onto each other for what must have been hours before either one of us dared move. The only thing that finally brought us to stand up was the crowd of their neighbors at their door. Following the trail of blood back to our apartment where May sat collapsed over holding the amazing spider-man. They must have thought I died because of the blood stains and the lack of my presence. One by one they came by uttering half hearted condolences, and Aunt May politely thanked them. I couldn't bear to even step into the room now stained with not one, but two blood pools of the people I loved. Yet being in our- my room, it was down right unbearable. I spent the next few weeks aimlessly looking over the city from the rooftop. Watching the city of criminals; lie, steal, and murder. The school called quite a few times, but no matter how much Aunt May encouraged me to try and get back to normal I felt like there was no such thing as normal for me without Loki. Everything felt so empty, like I was a shell going through the motions. Until I brought myself down to earth. Loki taught me to fight for justice, and what was right. It was time Loki got his. I don't care if it takes me a lifetime, I will bring Tony Stark to justice.

    It was nearly one in the morning when I crawled back into my room. I could hear May's soft snore as I tiptoed to my closet. I grabbed only what I would need, my suit, a bottle of water, and some granola bars. Stuffing them all into my back I walked back to my closet one last time. I reached in and grabbed Loki's favorite sweatshirt. Despite the warming temperatures I slipped it on over my suit, taking the moment to drink up the remains of Loki's metallic scent. With that I worked quickly to make my bed, and leave my note for May somewhere she would see it. I looked back to my room once more. I knew it would break May's heart when she learned I had left, but I was on a mission now. So I pulled up my mask and left without turning back. I soared rooftop to rooftop looking for the crooks and the lowlifes of the city, until I found my moment. From the top of a 15 story building I could see a dark alleyway where a man begged for his life. Meanwhile at the command of a short, older man, fire was open on him until his corpse dropped to the floor. Dead. I swooped down, taking out the men with guns first. They were all on the floor within minutes. I grabbed the now trembling elderly man and said "So you like killing innocent men huh? Well I think it's time you get a taste of your own medicine."

"Justice for Loki." Written in the blood of the infamous mob boss of New York. Plastered on my web where everyone could see it. The media seemed to have a field day with it. Disgusting. These pigs are thrilled by a man's death just to have the best story. They're all terrible. "Spiderman! Spiderman! Did you kill this man?" "Who is Loki?" "Did you kill Loki as well?" These people are no better than the criminals. They don't deserve saving. "Listen up people of New York. I demand Justice." I yelled down to all the reporters and their cameras. "Tony Stark you bastard. I will tear apart every man here limb by limb. Burn down every building. Rip up every shred of hope there is in this damned world for what you've done. Then." Thoughts of every little way I could hurt him brought a slight smile to me as I continued on. "Then I'm coming for you Metal Man." My web caught hold of the cameras and smashed them to the floor before I swung away to the shadows once more. Waiting for my moment.