Coming Clean

*Peter's POV*

It had been a couple days after the whole roof fiasco, after mastering my new found abilities we hit kind of a dead wall. "Now what? I can stick to walls and swing cool, how is this going to help me in life" I sarcastically asked, and to my surprise Loki had an actual answer that wasn't just rude, witty commentary, "Well, why not do some good? I mean the crime rates here are through the roof. What if you became the next Iron Man, except the mutant child version of him." Excitement filled me, I'd never even considered such an idea. Tony Stark was my role model, not only was he a scientific genius, but also a hero on top of that? I mean how could you not look up to the guy. "Loki, I love you! Let's go stop some bad guys!" I eagerly said rushing to the door. Loki stopping me said "Woah hold up Peter, first of all what are you going to tell May and Ben when you go running out that door excited, and come back with a black eye and two broken ribs. Secondly you can't just go out exposed like that you imbecile. You need a disguise of somesort." What he said made sense, however my stubborn self didn't like being caught making such a dumb mistake. "Well duh, ha, I was just heading to the closet. Come on you know I'm not THAT dumb right? Haha" to which he replied "Yes, I do Peter. You may be book smart, but you are also an idiot."

"No, no, no, Peter your suit cannot be bright blue and red come on be reasonable, do you know how noticeable you would be at night? Our goal is to be inconspicuous, not HEY BAD GUYS LOOK AT ME, SPIDER DORK!" Loki said as I put on a sweatshirt with a spider on the front, that was in fact bright red and blue. "Loki this is the best I got for a suit, I'm not a seamstress here also, I like the colors blue and red, leave me alone!" I exclaimed frustrated pulling the fourth sweatshirt we 'designed' and putting it in a pile with the rest. Out of the blue Loki asked "Does Aunt May have a sewing machine?"I looked in the mirror and saw myself in a professional looking skin tight suit that was black with red, blue streaks running in from the sides with a mask that made it virtually impossible to even guess who I was. Overall to say I was impressed would be an understatement. "H-how... How did you even do this?" I stuttered out. "I mean my mother would sew a lot and after a while I picked up on a few things why?" He responded a bit sad at mentioning his mother. "I mean most boys don't know how to sew let alone work a sewing machine! Loki, this is incredible!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement at how good the suit looked. "I'm glad you like it!" Loki said, seemingly happy that I liked the suit so much. "I love this red and blue fabric, where did you get it from?" I asked. "I hope you weren't too attached to those hoodies you had on earlier," he replied holding up two of my hoodies with considerable sized holes in them. Honestly I was too overjoyed to even care, so I just went back to admiring the suit in the mirror. By the time we had snuck out the window and down the fire escape, the sun was close to setting. The two of us sat on top of a building for an hour or two talking before eventually seeing two grown men approaching a woman in an alleyway. It felt wrong to be happy about a woman getting mugged, but I was too excited to care. Swinging down I approached the taller of the two. "Hey there!" I said perkily tapping his shoulder. As he turned around I swung back up to drop in on his other side. Seeing no one he turned back around, and before I could get a punch in he slammed me into one of the walls. I was in complete shock as I felt pain surging in through my back, how did Mr. Stark make this look so easy? I could hear Loki from up above mock "Ooh, that's gotta hurt." After effectively taking the woman's purse the other thief came over to where I was pinned. The two of them began to come towards me, until I finally remembered I had super strength and knocked them off me. Although it didn't do much good, before I could catch my breath I got a right hook to my eye and was on the ground. Now in a protective curl on the floor I saw Loki finally decide to step in.

Loki slid down a ladder, and casually walked up, hands behind his back. "Excuse me bad guys, may I have my idiotic spiderling back?" The two men looked at the scrawny teenage boy, and laughed "Or what?" the chunkier of the two asked. "Or else I will have to humiliate the two of you, we don't want to do that now do we?" Loki said in a cool tone. The taller one getting irritated ordered "Come on he's seen our mugs, go get the kid." With that he charged. It was quite interesting to watch as Loki remained calm, hands still behind back, while this giant of a man came barreling towards him. Loki dodged every punch and kick the man threw with ease. Ducking the punches the man threw as if he knew beforehand, Loki was able to miss every attack literally by an inch, if I didn't know Loki, and I wasn't on the floor being beaten to death, I would've found this terrifying to watch. Once the man had punched himself out my godly friend simply hit him once, and he was down for the count. Frustrated that his partner lost a fight to a small child the taller man left me and prepared to fight. Loki, seeming bored with the lack of a challenge, attacked not even waiting for him to throw the first punch. Just like that, within minutes Loki had single handedly, and I mean this in the sense that he fought two giant men using one hand, had taken out these men with ease. "I did try to warn you," Loki said looking down at the completely unconscious men before walking over to help me up. The trip home was excruciating, the pain in my ribs and newly forming black eye was enough, but then there was also Loki mocking me the whole way back telling me he told me this would happen, apparently he's psionic or whatever..., he can read minds!. AND to top it all off we had to walk three blocks back to our apartment and up a fire escape as well. I crawled through the window, and on the roof of our room, I peeled off my mask only to find a horrified Uncle Ben staring up at me. Fearful Ben yelled, "WHAT THE FU-" So yeah, talk about the wrong place at the wrong time. Ben came in to tell us Aunt May was on her way back with dinner, but INSTEAD he found out he was harboring an Asgardian fugitive as his adoptive son, and his nephew was, in the words of Loki, "A mutant spider freak." Ben handled it surprisingly well, well at least after he calmed down from the initial shock. Loki held nothing back in telling the truth, I was afraid he was gonna drop dead right then and there. If not from a heart attack, then definitely from his brain exploding. Rather than either of those he just silently listened and nodded along through our stories. Once we were done he stood up, took a step forward, and without a word he reached down and embraced the two of us. It was such a relief, Ben is one of the only people whose opinions truly mattered to me, and I think Loki was relieved too because for once, he hugged back. We heard the door open and close, and May yell "Boys, dinner!" Ben released us from his hug, but kept a hand on each of our shoulders. He said in a low voice so May didn't hear "Just remember boys, with great power comes great responsibility."