Five

I was trying my best not to overthink on what just happened a few hours ago

I was trying my best not to overthink on what just happened a few hours ago. And for that, I took serious actions.

I changed into something comfortable, anything is better than my school uniform. Curled up in my bed, I was scrolling through Pinterest. I had some wafers lying by my side. Playing the old-Hindi songs playlist was a good idea too. 90s music can always spice up your mood.

Give it a try!

I groaned when the doorbell rang. Getting out of the blanket was worse, especially when everything was so cosy. I got up licking my fingertips.

Dhruv was standing in front of me when I opened the door. He had changed into an olive bomber jacket over something white, black jeans plus combed hair. Why was he dressed up? And above all, Wasn't he feeling the cold?

I opened the door wider and stepped aside for him to enter.

"I am sorry," he said

I did not know how to react. I had to leave my bed, I wanted to scream on his face again.

"I was trying to...you know the situation...I mean that hu...the situation, it got...uh-"

I wanted to stop him and say that it was fine. But listening to his explanation was much funnier and cute. He looked adorable.

"-awkward, awkward...like really, but I don't mean that the hug thing was bad, it felt good... No! No! I don't mean that but I still mean it but...I was, you know trying to...just...uh...the"

"It's okay, come in" I knew he wouldn't be able to complete his... apology speech.

"I got ice cream" he pulled out a plastic box from behind and a rose. An artificial rose, he probably took it from the vase they had in their living room.

"It will melt if you keep standing there" I smiled lightly "and keep that back in the vase" I pointed at the rose

I closed the door as he entered. He looked around the room.

"Since this is my house and I am the queen here I decide what we are going to do"

He turned to look at me and before he could say anything else, I spoke up again.

"We are having ice cream while watching a comedy movie. Cool right??" I raised my eyebrow "and I have wafers too!!"

"No no no" he spoke it really fast "not the movie"

"Why?" my shoulders fell.

"Because those are lengthy and I need to study"

"Why are you so boring?" I looked up at the ceiling as I spoke.

"Alright, but I am not assuring that I will watch it till the end."

"Kay...dot" I rolled my eyes and then I turned towards the room.

He started following me.

I turned around and pointed at the TV then I drifted my finger towards the sofa as he followed my gaze.

"I like the vibes here"

He chuckled and went towards the sofa as I moved inside to get the wafers and of course turn of the song I was listening to.

"Uthe sabke kadam,
dekho rum pum pum,
ajee aise geet gaya karo..." I sang along

"Stop it! You are horrible at this" he shouted from behind.

"I know" many people had already mentioned that.

"Kabhi khushi kabhi gam,
Hason aur hasaya karo..." I sang more loudly this time.

I had to make sure that the kid with his headphones on from block B heard it.

***

Almost half an hour had passed and the movie was quite interesting. There was this one character-
was Dhruv staring at me?

I turned to face him and realized how close we were sitting to each other. Just a few inches for our shoulders' to touch. The surrounding was warm, maybe because of the blanket which we were sharing or maybe due to the heat radiating from his body.

I just realized how cliché it was to share a blanket while watching a movie.

Geez!

"What?" I asked him

I looked at his face, and saw millions of emotions in his eyes, even if there are only a few, in the dictionaries.
He has freckles, I noticed it just now. They were mild, I couldn't have noticed that if our faces were not that close.

"I need to say something"

OMG! That's the line you speak before proposing to someone. Was he gonna propose to me? What will I say? I wasn't prepared-

~

Teaser: "But you are coming to my party" I straightened up my spine.