Seven

Didn't he say that he was going to study? Why did he lie to me?

I squinted my eyes to take a more focused look of the other person. It looked like a female and it surely wasn't Mrs Mathur.

Why did he even lie to me? He could have told me that he was going on a date. I surely am no one to object his decisions.

I grabbed my phone and turned on the camera. I zoomed in to see who that girl was. It wasn't possible to see her face, her back was towards me and it was dark. They were walking towards the main gate. I saw her when they crossed the illuminated part.

She was thin and her hair probably shoulder length. Was wearing a red dress, knee-length and off-shoulder too. I want that dress too, it was so pretty.

Focus Kanak, focus!

They were surely going on a date.

I changed my opinion when they approached a car, no I guess it was a jeep. When I zoomed in more, it got more blurry and I could only conclude that there were more people.

Dhruv and that girl sat in and it drifted away, into the dark.

He said that he is shy. How come he has so many friends? Why did he not tell me about any of them?
Why did he lie? Is he hiding something?

"Uggghhh" I groaned

Why can't I know?

I hate people who keep secrets as if their disclosure will destroy mankind.

***

I had no idea why I stayed awake waiting for him to return. I wanted to talk to him. I had already kept the points noted in my mind. The points I needed to clear. I wasn't expecting that from him.

I felt betrayed.

My eyelids felt as heavy as the heaviest thing in the world. The cosiness of my bed was the most attractive force at that moment.

My eyelids shut and it took me less than a nanosecond to doze off.

Until I heard a motorbike approaching. My sleep drained away and the very first reflex was to look out of the window.

There he was. Finally back after what felt like an eternity.

He stepped down from the behind the other person.

I hopped out of my bed. I had everything ready, I clutched on my phone tighter and headed out of my room. I slowly moved through the living room towards the door. I did all of it cautiously. It would have been really bad if they found out their daughter sneaking out of the house during this hour.

If I got caught, I will lose their trust and it will be the worst.

After a few silent steps in the corridor, I ran for the elevator. I pressed G as the doors closed. I took a quick glance at my phone.

3 am.

Why did he return so late? What is he involved in? This is something big. Is he into some gangs or street fights? Thanks to Wattpad that I had such impractical thoughts. But it could be true I mean he has good looks and he is smart and mysterious, a perfect Wattpad story character.

My thoughts came to a halt when the lift stopped and the doors slid open. I took big steps to reach the spot as soon as possible.

He was there, talking to the guy sitting on the bike. Dhruv's back was towards me.

I couldn't see the face of the other guy but I was sure that he signed Dhruv to look back.

Dhruv swiftly turned towards me, and I wasn't slowing down.

I stopped only when I had grabbed his collar and shouted on his face "Why did you lie?"

"What are you involved in?"

"What are you hiding from me?"

When I said it out loud, it sounded dangerous and bad. I felt broken.

~

Teaser: "Why would I be jealous?"

"Look at your face, it's red"

How's it so far??