Twelve

As soon as I landed on the floor of my balcony I realized that I had left my phone at Dhruv's house

I also forgot to ask my questions instead I ended up telling him my story.

The readers must be cursing me right now.

I groaned at my thoughts.

I decided to freshen up a bit and change into something that can keep the cold out.

After which I'll go back, grab my phone, grab my answers and grab my breakfast.

***

He opened the door from the inside. He looked the same as I had left him. Sleeping.

"What?" he rubbed his entire face.

"I left my phone." I pushed him away and went in not waiting for his invite.

"Get your phone and let me sleep" I heard him closing the door and following me to his room.

"Shall I call Mrs Mathur and say that you haven't been a breakfast delivery boy lately" I sounded more awake than him.

"It must be in the kitchen" he sounded so dizzy.

"and you waved off my interrogation round yesterday" I mentioned as I rummaged through the pile of paper on his study desk.

"Can we do that later? I really need to sleep" I found my phone.

"Nope. I won't leave without my answer"

"Then watch me sleep for three hours at least and then maybe we can do that"

He was about to crawl under his blanket. I pressed the screen side of my phone at the back of his neck.

"AAAAAA!" He screamed in the highest possible pitch

I removed my phone quickly. I was in no mood to get deaf at such a tender age.

"That should have drained you sleep away" I laughed

"Is that a question?" he looked genuinely angry.

"Go brush your teeth" I pushed him out of his room.

***

We ate breakfast while I asked him about that night.

He said that he met Jayant in seventh grade. They became good friends, and eventually best friends. He never talked to anyone else but Jayant, because obviously...he was shy!!

The girl was Jhanvi, Jayant's younger sister. She hates Dhruv and he hates her. They were always fighting for no reason. She came to pick him up only because they needed him when they will be surprising Jayant.

Anyways. I asked Dhruv about the others in that jeep. He said that they were all Jayant's friends and cousins. They had planned a surprise for his birthday and they asked him to join since he was Jayant's best friend.

"Then why did you lie to me? You should have told me that you need to go to your best friend's birthday."

"I thought you will get angry at me. We had just sorted our previous fight"

"God! You are impossible"

"Anything else?" He asked

"So are you coming to my party?"

"No!"

"Please?"

"No!"

"Oh...OK, suit yourself."

"What's the thing about you and party?"

"OK, OK. 7 sharp?"

"Better make it 8"

"Okay! And yes my friends aren't coming for some reason, so it's gonna be the two of us"

"Perfect!" he exclaimed with joy

My eyes widened at that. I looked at him blank. His smile was real big until he realized.

"I mean, you know...I'm shy!" his face was heating up

"What's the thing about you and shy?"

~

Teaser: I opened the door to see Dhruv standing in front of me. He was wearing all black. Black jeans, black t-shirt and a black leather jacket.