Chapter 6: Lucas + Technology = One giant mess

Film day. Gosh. The theatre is packed, Hermione thought as she peeked behind the curtains. She spotted Emma and Catherine already taking their seats with the rest of the stage crew. Lyra and the actors were probably still backstage with her, and Lucas was in the back corner of the theatre, trying and failing to set up the projector.

The crew, all well informed about the making of the film beforehand, had known the songs by heart (They were all hamilfans), and so the process of filming began shortly after the end of June. The end result was amazing. And that was an understatement. Honestly, it was amazing to see her work on a screen.

"Hey!" She loosened her grip on the curtains to see Lyra, clad in a floor length silvery tulle dress and frantically waving to get her attention. She laughed and waded through the group of people to her, almost tripping on a pile of wires on the process.

"What do you need?" She asked as Lyra spun on her heel to face her. She stopped and tucked a strand of hair back into her intricate bun before saying, "Can you check in on Lucas? I really, really don't think he has the projector handled. Elisé put him in charge but the last time he tried using technology was a disaster, and I need this to be absolutely perfect-"

"It's fine," She reassured. "I'll do it. Don't stress yourself, alright?" Lyra winced, a small noise of disbelief sounding from her throat. With that, she turns with an exasperated sigh to Nic, who was in charge of the ticket booth and had returned with yet another overflowing shoebox. He was currently attempting to make a tower with the boxes, to no avail.

Business was booming. The money was going to a good cause; the club was going to donate most of the money to the local charities and orphanages, and the rest would go to next year's production. Apparently they did one every year, and had a vote on whether to do it on stage or on a screen. This year was the latter, and Hermione couldn't help but agree with the choice. She had wanted to see a movie production of the musical ever since Hamilton first came out.

Hermione stepped backstage and turned the corner to the front door, where a steady stream of people were still trickling into the theatre. "Excuse me! Coming through-" She gently pushed her way through the crowd, accepting another shoebox from Issac as she went. Adjusting the box in her arms, she spotted Lucas, now in the sound booth, and though he was still fiddling with the cables of the projector, he seemed hopelessly lost.

"Need help?" She asked. Lucas whirled around, knocking over a box of vintage CDs in the process. His hair is messed up, like he ran his fingers through it repeatedly. The frustration shows on his face. "Y-Yeah," He stammers. Hermione walks over and bends down. The cables were tangled, some in knots, some simply entwined. But it was a mess. And some of them were completely severed. There was only one option. "Alright. Cover me." Lucas frowned, but turned so that he faced the door of the sound booth. She takes out her wand and angles it at the bundle of wires. "Reparo." Instantly, the thin bands of metal and rubber knitted themselves together, and the projector turned on with a whirr and a flash of white light. She smiled with satisfaction.

"Perfect," She mused. "Just in time for showtime." She ran down the stairs, the dial on her watch reading 6:58 PM. Lyra ran towards her. "Thank Merlin you got it to work! Come on, we have to get to our seats..." They had scarcely sat down when Luc's voice, projected in a falsetto voice, echoed over the speakers. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome- to this years production of Hamilton the Musical!" With the loud smattering of applause, the curtains rose, revealing the beginnings of the film.