Epilogue

"Thomas- where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

"You know I don't like surprises."

"Like our second-first date, I think you'll like this one very much."

"Fine- just hurry up so I can take this blindfold off."

Thomas chuckles and leads his boyfriend of three years into the coffee shop. They hadn't been to the coffee shop ever since Alexander's writing career took off and he published his first book. They still talked to the Schuylers and Lafayette frequently. Just didn't see them often. John too since Peggy's house renovations finished and he moved out of Alex's apartment. Alex ended up moving into Thomas' apartment a year after they started dating. They got a house together six months after that. And a cat because Thomas' died. Named it Paris-France.

Thomas lets go of Alex's arm and looks around. "Hey Thomas!" Angelica whispers. "Hey Angie. I love it. It's perfect," Thomas whispers back. "You better. I closed the shop for this. Never in my life-" Thomas waves her off and walks over to Alex who is mumbling to himself. He takes the blindfold off of him and smiles. "Whaat-? The coffee shop? I haven't been here in forever!" Alex says, looking around.

"What's the occasion? Besides the fact that it's Christmas."

"Well that would ruin the surprise wouldn't it?"

Thomas sits at a table and gestures for Alex to sit as well. Alex sits down across form him. Lafayette comes through the 'Employees Only' door and walks over to them. "What would you like?" he asked. "I- a peppermint hot chocolate. Hey Laf. It's unusually empty in here," Alexander says. "Oui, that is something. Anyways- you, Thomas?" Laf asks. "Same thing." Lafayette nods and walks over to Angelica.

Alexander taps on the table. "So- why are we here on Christmas day?" he asks. Thomas holds up a finger and whispers something to Angelica and Lafayette. Angelica takes something out of her pocket and hands it to Thomas, who puts it in his pocket. "I can't tell you yet," Thomas says. Alex goes to reply, but stops mid-word when Eliza walks in from the kitchen holding their teas.

Alex huffs as she sits them down. "Your two peppermint hot chocolates," Eliza says. "Thanks Lizzie," Alex says. She smiles and winks at him before walking away. "Memory lane is an important place in my heart, Alexander," Thomas says. "Me too. This exact table on December 3rd, we met for the first time. We flirted a bit, you asked if I wanted to sit with you and we had our 'first date' though it wasn't much of a first date because you had to go so soon. The note you left was what really made me think that you're worth a chance," Alex said.

Thomas smiled and sipped his hot chocolate. "I knew from the moment you stepped past the threshold, I wanted you to be mine," Alexander finished and took a sip of his own hot chocolate. "And I am yours. I was head over heals for you at first glance as well. You were a strong-headed and bold man with certain ambitions in life. It really didn't take much for me to fall in love with you," Thomas took another sip.

"So how come we're here now? A trip down memory lane? Or is there m-" Alex is cut off when music begins playing.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree.

"... Pentatonix? And 12 Days of Christmas? What are you playing at Thomas?" Alexander asked, sitting his mug down. "Care to dance?" Thomas smiled and held out his hand. "Okay... but you're not off the hook," Alex said. He took his hand and Thomas pulled them up and into a clear space in the middle of the shop.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thomas spun Alex around and Alex chuckled. "Have we ever danced so off-beat?" Alex teased. "I don't think that really matters."