Time

Amity looked out of the window in what was her temporary home, until the Construction Coven had deconstructed the defences around Bonesborough, and repaired the infrastructure that had managed to get damaged during Valeween. Only then, would they head up to what used to be Blight Manor, and repair the building. The Blight family owned several pieces of property throughout the Isles, so it wasn't like homelessness was ever a remote risk.

Her parents knew about the destruction of their home now, since it was relayed to them through a series of couriers, though the nature of how the Manor was destroyed, thankfully, hadn't reached them. And as such, they weren't coming back until it was fixed. No doubt eventually, they would start asking how the Manor fell. Eventually they'd find out, but right now, Amity wasn't capable of caring less.

They had arranged for their children to stay elsewhere, and for payment to be made to the Construction Coven as needed. Upon completion of their job, of course.

Where she was staying now was more akin to a more regular house that you'd see in any city on the Isles, but was still on the outskirts of the town, away from the common folk. Amity didn't mind that so much - It meant that from the window, she could see the trees and plants that surrounded Bonesborough swaying in the wind. Her arms folded, and she allowed her shoulders to slacken. It was calming, seeing the regular colours on the flora of the Isles.

It reminded her that Valeween was over.

A sigh escaped her, as did the words, "It's over...". Like she was assuring herself just as much.

She hadn't taken the time to look at the colours since the invasion ended. Too much had been on her mind. She'd been too focused on the anxiety in her chest, and the simultaneous desires to run away as fast as possible, and finally get the answers that would ease her heart and mind, even if they shattered it to pieces in the process. Only now, in the last few hours, had she had the presence and peace of mind to actually look at the return of colour, and really take it in. Really acknowledge that Valeween was over.

Relief washed over her. It really was over.

Another sigh escaped her. She was alone, up late for the third night in a row. But this time, she wasn't consumed with fear and regret, but with... Well, she wouldn't call it peace.

But it was something else.

Emira and Edric were already asleep in their respective rooms - Amity didn't know where they had ended up throughout Valeween, and hadn't thought to ask. They knew the truth behind the Manor burning down though - When she was in a temporary hospital for the infected, someone, probably Willow, or Eda, had told them what had happened, how they had found them. They had promised not to say a word to their parents though, and Amity believed them. Her siblings were a pain, but what they weren't, were snitches. That, and when they had apparently seen the state Luz was in, it became clear that whatever had happened, there hadn't been much other choice. Combined with the fact they knew Amity was infected, and from what they heard - They were understanding, and didn't ask any more questions.

Amity was thankful for that.

Valeween always left people asking all sorts of questions, no matter if they had been infected or not. Actions would be taken, words would be said, and secrets would be revealed. They held the capacity to be life changing events, every single time the Cherubim came to the Isles.

Every memory that Amity had of Valeween had been one of those events. So far, she'd lived through three of them, and the first one was the only one that she had no memories of. The second one brought the truth about her parents into focus, shattered the illusions that she had built around them to try to convince herself that things would be okay. That she could work things out with them. That everything would just... Work.